Hyundai life expectancy - MarkSmith
Hi folks,

My dad owns a 1999 Hyundai Lantra. He's very happy with the car, but is intent on replacing it over the next year or so because it's "about time". He seems certain that it will fail catasrophically at about 70,000 miles, because "Hyundais do".

He had a Hyundai before which did in fact go badly wrong at 70k (crack in cylinder head) but is this to be expected? Does anyone have tales of Hyundais which have gone on to do starship mileage? Or which have started to become uneconomical at 70k?

My personal feeling is that this is completely unfounded and that it has as good a chance of getting to 150k or above as any other car.

Or do Hyundais really not last long at all?

Thanks!
Mark
Hyundai life expectancy - Dynamic Dave
Couple of previous discussions on Hyundai's

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=11061
www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?t=18385

Hyundai life expectancy - uk2usa
Hi
I have a 1995 accent here in the states with about 110000miles which ive had for 2 years. The car runs great despite the regular kickings i give it(cheap fuel and all). It has never let me down, all ive had to do was change the alternator ($30 from a scrapyard). A mechanic mate back in glasgow swears by them and reckons the newer ones are almost as good as japanese.
.....my $0.02
Hyundai life expectancy - ajit
1 million indians cannot be wrong - despite adverse conditions, they go on and on - Hyundai are very thorough in understanding the market
Hyundai life expectancy - MarkSmith
"1 million indians cannot be wrong"

Well they certainly got it right with food, so I hope they know as much about cars.

I'll pass this all on - thanks folks!

-Mark