Seat Inca 1.9SDi glow plugs - where? - PrimeraOwner
There is a flashing coil indicator on my dashboard and I'm not sure if it's the service indicator or a fault with the pre-heaters. It's the indicator next to the handbrake that one has to wait until extinguished before starting the engine. The vehicle starts OK.
Where are the glow plugs located on the Inca? How do I fault find them - stick a clampmeter on each of the pre-heater leads?

If it is a glow plug fault would continuing driving it create bigger problems? I think it is quite near a service interval it is approx 23000 miles.

Thanks,
Frank
Seat Inca 1.9SDi glow plugs - where? - DL
I'm sure it is a diesel fuel injection system fault - indicated by a flashing glow plug light.

The car needs to be plugged into a suitable code-reader to read off the fault code.
--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn - Pictures say a thousand words..... Reply | Report as offensive | Link
Seat Inca 1.9SDi glow plugs - where? - bertj
Might sound crazy but check your brake lights. The glow plug warning light on VAG diesels is also used to indicate a faulty brake light switch. It's all to do with the engine management system - long story!
Seat Inca 1.9SDi glow plugs - where? - PrimeraOwner
My colleague drove in to the car park while I was taking the cover off the engine to look see where the glow plug leads were. If I couldn't find where they were I was taking the van to the dealers. I asked my colleague to look and see if my brake light were operating. No they weren't. Solution - new fuse. That saved a lot of embarrasment - I am currently an Electrician!

Now my headlight indicator on the dashboard doesn't light.