Why buy the A4TDI 130 bhp rather than the 100 bhp - gordon comley
having had 3 Audi cars (2- 80's and 1 A4) I am thinking of buying a new A4 TDI, can anyone tell me why I should be paying £1200 more to aquire a 130 bhp version rather than order the 100 bhp one?

I do not feel that a couple of seconds extra to get to 62mph is worth £1200 plus paying for the extra insurance group.

Comments appreciated
Re: Why buy the A4TDI 130 bhp rather than the 100 - andy bairsto
Your correct it is not .especially in a land with a 70mph speed limit.Just think what you could do with that money and will also bet than when you come to trade in time the smaller engine model is worth more.
Re: Why buy the A4TDI 130 bhp rather than the 100 - honest john
Having driven both the Passat TDI 130 and TDI 100 back to back I have to tell you that in comparison to the 130 the 100 is both noisy and slow. In the new A4 the 100 is also likely to prove much harder to sell in the future because a noisy, slow diesel engine doesn't fit the image of the new A4.

HJ
Re: Why buy the A4TDI 130 bhp rather than the 100 - Richard Hall
A couple of seconds off the 0-60 time - who cares? But a couple of seconds off the 4th gear 45-60 time, wrong side of the road, overtaking an artic - that's worth paying for, I reckon.
go for the better car. - ladas are cool
its like everything, go for the best quality that you can afford. if you can afford the 130 bhp audi go for it, as it will probably be a nicer smoother engine, which will give you that extra oomph to get out of bad situations.
Re: Why buy the A4TDI 130 bhp rather than the 100 - Ray
I have been trying my best to like diesel engines for some years ,yet but still find them noisey at idle , having test driven the A4 130 i found it quick & economical , apart from the wife feeling a vibration through the car seat i found it ok but still prefer my A4 1.8T .To sum up i would only buy a diesel if i had the misfortune to be traveling the motorway dailey.
Re: Why buy the A4TDI 130 bhp rather than the 100 - Geoff
Why buy new?
Get a one year old A4 110 TDi SE and save yourself a whole stack of money.
This engine is superb in the A4.
And it doesn't require quite the looking after that the PD engines do.
Save over 5k and spend it on a damn good holiday!
Re: Why buy the A4TDI 130 bhp rather than the 100 - ROBIN
At 55 I have probably lost the combative zeal of my youth,and it has to be said that both my wife and daughter regularly shave half an hour off my Charlwood to Helston run time.
Yet I still cannot understand why people want to run slow noisy underpowered vehicles when power has never been cheaper.
If you dont occasionally think your vehicle is underpowered then I put it to you that you are a moving chicane.
You are causing road rage and accidents,you are being inconsiderate to other drivers and you have more spare time than is good for you.
Get a job!
I am, for instance, currently considering how much power my Hdi 110 citroen xsara wagon needs.
With just me in it it might be just ok as it is,but it doesnt exactly terrify me.
However,with the aircon flat out in the South of France,two tricycles on the roof,a boot full of processed grape juice,and a need to be home in 24 hours.....
Dont think we can do it on less than about 140 of the finest drays and about 230 good old foot pounds.
Yeah,youre right,we CAN do it ,but with much too much effort.
And I've just discovered that,being a wagon,the bloody thing weighs more than my trusty 405 wagon.
I thought theyd stopped using lead.....