Oil Filter Quality - Mr Moo
Hello, There have been quite a few postings about the good value oli and filter changes provided by Nationa; Tyres, Kwik Fit etc. I have been using National Tyres for a little while. I believe they use Duckhams semi-synthetic oil, but my question is about the quality of the oil filters. They seem to use a make called Wicks, which I've not heard of. Are these filters of good quality (non-return valve etc.) or would I be better getting my oil changes done somewhere else where they use OE filters or similar?
Oil Filter Quality - Chas{P}
Wix filters are part of the Quinton Hazell group.

They have a modern state of the art factory over in Poland and make OE filters for large VM's as well as having an aftermarket programme.

BTW I dont work for QH/Wix - just know "who's who and owns what" in the industry.

Charles
Oil Filter Quality - Sooty Tailpipes
I have heard of Allied Signal's Wix filters? not Wicks?
on American forums, they do seem to do a range of cheap and premium ones though.

I hope the long URL below parses correctly...

66.102.11.104/search?q=cache:-NGKluyz1eoJ:minimopa...8
Oil Filter Quality - dba
Wix filters are huge. buy any filter from halfords, fletchers autos etc and it will be a Wix just with halfords packaging on it. they also make air/pollen/oil/fuel filters and prob a load of other stuff at halfords.

www.wixfilters.com/

i dont no who makes the filters for vw, ford, merc etc but its prob these guys.
Oil Filter Quality - DL
I've not heard of Wix filters until recently but I like what I hear about them anyway!
--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn - Pictures say a thousand words..... Reply | Report as offensive | Link