6K 'new' Micra - good deal? - exmondeoman
My local Nissan dealer has a number of 'new' Micras (3 door, 'E' spec) - actually with up to 800 miles on, but all unmarked and on 03 plates. They're priced at £5995 (+ extra for metallic) Problem is, the dealer can't seem to explain how it comes about that these cars have so little mileage and why he has so many (6). The mileage seems to low for either rental or demonstrator and too high for 'delivery miles'

Should I be worried in case they've been in a field somewhere, or just accept that it's a good discount - even if the warranty will be somewhat reduced? Or shall I just buy the Panda I tried today.......
6K 'new' Micra - good deal? - googolplex
The dealer should be able to state the source of these cars. However, you've got to ask what can go wrong in 800miles on a car...They've not exactly driven it into the ground have they?
Splodgeface
The dealer should be able to state the source of these
cars. However, you've got to ask what can go wrong
in 800miles on a car...They've not exactly driven it into the
ground have they?
Splodgeface

No, but isn't it the case that cars will deteriorate through non-use - so am I maybe more likely to get problems with rust, flat battery etc if it's just been standing unused - or shouldn't I worry?
6K 'new' Micra - good deal? - looking4car
The car may have sat in a field with number plates on for months after being registered.

Having said that loads of them sit around in fields for months before they see a number plate and are sold as 'new'.

Should you worry or should you think it's a bargain ?

Depends whether you're a 'glass half full' or 'glass half empty' sort of person.

What's the best price you can find for a new one with the same spec ?
6K 'new' Micra - good deal? - carl_a
The 'e' spec Micra's have a 1 litre engine that isn't very popular on the new model. Its not a bad price but you can have a delivery miles Yaris from new-car-discount.com for £6250 and a Getz with 3 years servicing, new for £6000.
Best new price seems just over 7K. I did try the Yaris and found it a bit cramped - but it does seem better value.
6K 'new' Micra - good deal? - DavidHM
£6340 www.carhound.co.uk/AS/option/models/86590/1/CarPri...r
Hmmm.......

So 6K for a year-old one

or 6.3K for a new one........

I know which I'd go for.........

Thanks David
6K 'new' Micra - good deal? - carl_a
Go buy the panda, I think it was last weeks Autocar that said you can get them for £5800 if the dealer wants to do a deal.
>>Go buy the panda
I think I may do just that - CSMA claims to have the Active for £5682, saving £600. I haven't test driven it yet but it felt good to sit in. Heart says C2 - head suggests the Panda (even tho' the solid colours are so horrible that metallic is a must).
6K 'new' Micra - good deal? - Blue {P}
Well that's why they have such a horrible range of solid colours! ;-)

I was gutted to see the naff range of colours that the Nissan 350Z is available in, I really fancy getting one of those in the future, but the colours looked terrible on the Nissan website, and they don't list any mpg figures anywhere, I wonder why...

That site could really use some work, they should take a leaf out of Ford's book.

Blue
That site could really use some work, they should take a leaf out of Ford's book

On-line presence seems to be a problem with lots of manufacturers. The Fiat 'car configurator' is still broken, other sites have broken links, outdated information etc. Dealers' websites are often even worse, being clones of the original site, but not properly update.

Maybe manufacturers think that if they ignore the internet it will go away.....