Passat tyres scrubbing - Halmer
Just had my Passat serviced at 20k and the only issue that has arisen is that the tyres are 'scrubbing' and have only 2mm.

I think I know what this means but can I get the tracking, alloy wheel balancing and new tyre fitting done at my local small independent tyre place or will they not have the equipment to serve me?

It is a 2.0 SE Petrol 2002 model year.
Passat tyres scrubbing - billy25
halmer,
assuming your service was done at main dealers, you will have got your stamp, so i can see no reason why you can't choose to have the tyre problems sorted at your local indy, providing of course they have the equipment, you will have to ask them. may be easier to use a tyre service outlet though, as they will have it, and do this sort of thing almost all day, they will probably know all the alignment settings etc for your make of car, which the small indy garage may not.

billy.
Passat tyres scrubbing - Peter D
MAke sure that the special to type spring clip wieghts are used or stick on ones. DO NOT LET ANYONE USE KNOCK ON WEIGHS ON YOUR ALLOYS. Regards Peter
Passat tyres scrubbing - Glaikit Wee Scunner {P}
I've a 2001 model Passat diesel estate with 195/65 x 15 tyres.
I've got through front tyres at a great rate , at best 10k per set.
This is despite tracking being checked and adjusted.
I'd ask the VW dealer top get a full geometry check done if your car is still within warranty.
I paid ~ £120+ to get mine done but am still not sure yet if this is improving matters.
Passat tyres scrubbing - Halmer
Can anyone recommend an excellent one that I can use please because my experience of using the companies that fit tyres kwikly is pretty depressing.
Passat tyres scrubbing - JohnM{P}
For what it's worth, on my 97 Passat TDi, of the 5 front sets of Michelins, 4 sets each lasted 27k, the other set only 22k (same journeys, same tyres...!?). Outer edge of the n/s/f has always worn quickest on all of my cars, causing the replacement. (On current Golf TDi 110, front Michelins about to be replaced at 32k, original rear Pirelli P6000 at 58K).