New car for my wife - Avant
Can you help us to choose a replacement, sometime in the next 6-12 months, for my wife's Honda Jazz? The Jazz is excellent but she wants something a little faster - although as we're in our 50s, nothing too boy-racer-ish.

It doesn't need to be big, as the Jazz is second car to a VW Golf TDI estate, shortly to be replaced by an Audi A4 Avant 2.5 TDI. But she needs comfortable, supportive seats.

Possibilities are the SEAT Ibiza 130 TDI (maybe too hard a ride?), the Skoda Fabia vRS (if I can get her even to look at a Skoda!!) or the Honda Civic S (bigger than we need but not excessively so).

Any other ideas? Our budget is about £15,000.

Best wishes

David Duvall
New car for my wife - BobbyG
New car for my wife

Sounds like a good swap ! :)
New car for my wife - daveyjp
Become an Audi family - A2 1.4TDi in either 75 or 90 PS guises - just short of £15,000. Slightly larger than a Jazz and the seats are very supportive.
New car for my wife - peterb
"She wants something a little faster "

"A2 1.4TDi "

Eh?
New car for my wife - daveyjp
I mentioned this as a comparison to the Seat Ibiza TDi 130 - only about a second in it 0-60 between that and the A2 TDi 90, as an alternative try the 1.6 FSi.
New car for my wife - Wilco {P}
Ibiza does ride hard but so apparently does the Jazz. I found the Seat to be OK ride wise on a test drive, but take it out for a day if poss and try all your usual local roads.
New car for my wife - Maz
If you love her, get her an MX5.

If not an MGTF ;-)
New car for my wife - Vansboy
Just what I'd say - ask Mrs Vansboy & she's ** years young now!!

Seriously, check out this super li'l car.Lots of good deals/special edititons available too!!

VB
New car for my wife - Robert J.
Good idea Maz. I have just got one for my partner and she is absolutely made up with it, and some good deals around at the moment too. Only minor snag, they are difficult to get out of elegantly if you are not a spring chicken any more !
New car for my wife - Vansboy
Maybee thats why Mrs Vansboys' minis have been getting even SHORTER, since owning hers - saves creasing or splitting a longer skirt!!

VB
New car for my wife - Canon Fodder

Have you considered a Mini Cooper?
New car for my wife - ludekev
I would go with the Civic option you will possibly get a better trade in allowance with the Jazz for the Civic,and reliability is second to none.
New car for my wife - Hawesy1982
The Ibiza 130 TDI Sport has been regailed as the most fun diesel car of the year, by Diesel car Mag. Only insurance group 7 too, if that sways anything further? I want one next, anyway, just need to wait til i graduate from uni, get a job, and raise enough money to afford one secondhand!