Flashed at in France - CM
I was recently driving south of Paris and had just passed through some dreadful jams (it is nice that there are signs telling you how long it will take to get to a particular junction) and needed to make up a little bit of time so I went a little bit over the posted speed limit.

Unfortunately there was a bliding flash which I presume was a camera taking a pretty photo of my face. Am i likely to be fined etc etc.

BTW for those of you who are off to France, the police are now stopping anyone doing more than 136 kmh on the 130 kmh stretch of the autoroute. It is incredible how much slower the French drive now!
Flashed at in France - Dwight Van Driver
If you are back in the UK then I would say that you can stop mopping your brow for the Extradition Act only applies to sentences atrracting 12 months imp.

Not certain but your vehicle details may be recorded somewhere on Le Flic files so that they may resume enquiries into the matter should you take the same motor over again on a visit.

So far............

Moves afoot to have offences committed in France brought onto UK Licence.

DVD
Flashed at in France - volvoman
DVD - and vice versa ?

CM - glad you made it back in one piece although on reading the thread title I confess to having visions of very pretty, scantily clad French ladies, exposing ..... ;)
Flashed at in France - Dwight Van Driver
DD
It is already partly in in this fair isle.

Person driving in UK on Community Licence (ie from EEA state) and if taken to Court here:

Disqualified - Licence seized and sent to S of S who forwards to issing State.

Endorsements similarly reported to S of S. I thought I had read somewhere that these also notifed to issuing authority but have been unabkle to find it. Probably to enable a paper record to be created for points total in UK.

And we have power of arrest for Johnny Foreigner under PACE but if he gets away then he is as mentioned for offence in France.

DVD
Flashed at in France - Chad.R
On a slight tangent but...

In France, if your requested to produce your DL by the authorities, is providing the "photocard" enough or do you also need to give in the "paper" part too?

Chad.
Volvo - no such luck and a distinct lack of beauties!!

Chad - memory says that you need both parts as well as the V5 & insurance certificate
Not certain but your vehicle details may be recorded somewhere on
Le Flic files so that they may resume enquiries into the
matter should you take the same motor over again on a
visit.
So far............

DVD, time to sell the car then!!!

I heard that someone once got a court summons but didn't turn up but next time he crossed La Manche he got stopped straight away.
Flashed at in France - Rebecca {P}
sorry to ask a stupid question but are you sure the flash was from a camera?

I only ask because it is an unwritten part of the French Code de la Route that oncoming drivers will flash their lights to warn of police/mobile speed checks further ahead.
It was on a restricted autoroute (A6) and the flash seemed to come from the central reservation aboout 10-12 foot up. It was pitch black and I was concentrating on the road so have no idea what it is. I asked some of the French people whether cameras take pictures from the front and they said yes but to be honest I am not sure how reliable they are!
Flashed at in France - kennybase
It sounds like we have suffered from the same jams, and had to make up time! I 'think' I got flashed just before Xmas - reason I think I did was that happily driving along, in discussion about what road I was on/should be on (!) when 'flash' went off - but felt a bit too much to my side for it to have taken me I think! Looking in the mirrors showed a camera pointing towards the drivers.

anyway, if it was me, then I haven't heard anything yet - and that was just under 2months ago! Will let you know if there is any more news on this!

This speed camera thing though has really taken France by storm - I wonder how long it will be until the people of France start ripping this things up!! :-)
Flashed at in France - pmh
Last week on the A75 S of Millau, north of Lodeve, I was flashed in a 70k limit when the indicated speed on my speedo was less than 45mph ( 45 mph equates to 72kph!).
How do I know that it was less than 45? A friend was done 2 weeks earlier on the same stretch for a somewhat higher speed and as I knew where the camera was I was being particularly watchful of my speed.

At least I had a British Registration Plates.

For those who may not know this section of road and wonder why such a low limit is in force on an Autoroute I can only say it is a long downhill stretch with tight bends, a tunnel, and several escape lanes. Since this Jose Bove country (almost on his land), expect the camera to be torched along with a McDonalds before long!

pmh (was peter)
Flashed at in France - smokie
From the Mail earlier this week

www.thisistravel.co.uk/travel/news/article.html?in...8

If they get their way, you WILL be done for speeding en France
Flashed at in France - Ben79
I've seen a speeding fine go to a British registered car from Belgium, turned out to be about £90. There were two EUR prices, that was the cheaper one. I don't understand what the detail on the penalty notice was, but appeared to be doing over 136kmh in 100kmh section.