Keys lost = New locks - how much? - Carmad 10000
My sister has managed to misplace her car keys for her 1999 Ford Fiesta 3dr. Unfortunately, when we purchased the car we were not supplied with a 2nd set of keys so it looks like the locks will have to be changed or is there another way round it? If not, how much do you think it will cost and is it worth claiming on the insurance? - her excess will be £600!

Any advice would be much appreciated! thanks,

Chris
Keys lost = New locks - how much? - Marcos{P}
You will find a set of Ford locks quite cheap and very easy to fit.
I've even managed to fit the locks myself to the work vans so it must be simple!
Keys lost = New locks - how much? - MikeF
Not sure about a Fiesta but I had a similar problem on an old Astra once and was surprised to discover I could just buy a set of lock barrels with keys so didn't even have to change the whole lock.
Keys lost = New locks - how much? - mikeyb
I had this problem with a VW Passat a few years ago. Phoned the local dealer who upon me providing the VIN number was able to identify the locks and produce the new keys without seeing the car. Cost was small - cant remember how much. All they asked was that when I picked up the car I bought some kind of evidence that the car was mine i.e. the log book.
oh that sounds good. It looks like we have found some sort of key with a black tag on it with what i presume is the key number imprinted onto it. Hopefully we can get some duplicates made up - roughly, what sort of cost do you anticipate it will be as it has to be put on my card!
Keys lost = New locks - how much? - Quinny100
Ford will be able to cut you a key that will open the car easily enough - the key number will available to the dealer via their computer system.

The problem I can forsee is with the immobiliser. I've never had a Fiesta, but if its anything like they system on my Focus then if you don't have 2 operational keys the car needs to go into the dealership and be hooked up to the WDS machine and the keys programmed to the PATS system.

Of course, without a programmed key you'll struggle to move the car.

I bought my Focus with 1 working remote key, and was charged £18+VAT to supply and cut a spare key and £55+VAT labour to program it to the PATS system.
Keys lost = New locks - how much? - martint123
I got a Vauxhall key cut from the VIN number (garage wanted to see V5 for security though - good thing!).

Mate of mine bought a full set of barrels for a van for around 80 quid - ignition, two front doors, two sliding doors, rear door and a petrol cap. Bargain I thought. (Bike ignition locks go for around 150 quid!!)
Keys lost = New locks - how much? - Peter D
Contact ford Carmad with the Vin and Reg, They should be able to supply the key number and provide keys. Regards Peter
SUCCESS! I managed to locate her keys - quite lucky as she had her house keys on there too.

I spent about 2hours today driving around trying to backtrack her steps throughout the day - and luckily Argos had someone hand them in. phew! - the door locks on her flat would of had to be cut out and it was going to cost at least £100 to undertake, let alone the expense of the car!

oh well, im in her good books now and have a lifetime guarantee of free food/drink and full use of her flat whenever i want :D
Keys lost = New locks - how much? - Blue {P}
Go you!

I wouldn't let her forget it either ;-)

Blue