Peugeot 405 executive - welshy
Thinking about buying a Peugeot 405 executive . Can you all give me some advice as to weather these cars are good value ? One problem I have found on the car upon inspection is the air con. doesnt work , i cant even here it clicking on under the bonnet when the switch is on ? the car is a petrol 2.0i automatic , on an "N" plate 1996 I think the year is .
Peugeot 405 executive - Edward
I had a 1994 2.0GTX (Executive without the leather and CD autochanger). The aircon compressor won't click on if there is no gas (among other reasons). In the case of mine, this was caused by a leaking condensor (behind the radiator). Cost nearly £500 to replace. Stepper motor controlled climate control can also be a bit dodgy. Once the car is warmed up inside slide the temperature knob from cold to hot and listen for the motor whining as it adjusts the flaps. Also, blip the throttle when idling and watch the revs. If it cuts out, the thottle position potentiometer probaly needs replacing.
On the plus side, the car was lovely to drive (until the rear shocks went - replace with Peugeot one to restore the beautiful chassis feel).
Peugeot 405 executive - DL
Don't pay over the odds for it; there are nicer petrol estates around.

Yup, the a/c can be troublesome, with age. Leaks etc etc often end up costing more than the car is worth.
--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn - Pictures say a thousand words..... Reply | Report as offensive | Link