Peugeot 405 alarm !!! - Doug.p
Hi peeps me again... My partners car, Peugeot 405 has not had its alarm and immobillizer workin for ages. Also the plip alarm armer is also broke.. shes been lockin unlockin by key only.. I put a new battery on it the other day and now everytime the doors are opened and closed and the ignition is turned on the headlights flash on and off for about 30secs !!! ive disarmed the horn but that goes off to if its armed... Can anyone tell me if now its time she has to get a new plip for the system now that the batteries been changed??? if not what is the solution because its drivin me NUTS..... Cheers...
Peugeot 405 alarm !!! - pienmash
on a 405 the headlamp shouldnt flash when the alarm is set off,its the indicators that flash,sound like theres wrong wiring there sumwhere,get ya self the haynes manuel and go thru the wiring diagram,might be bad earth and have u cleaned the sensor in the car in the middle of the roof ,that rectangle black box.....another pug trick is to unlock the car using key then lock using key...then click the keyfob 6 times really quick pointing at the sensor in car,the car should should now be open,if it aint ,do it till it does,this means the alarm has been reset ....but theres def a wiring fault there as well mate,chech the headlamp for the alarm wire and attach this to the indicator,,,,,,,,gis a mail if ya get no luck ...im ace with pug alarms,,,,mispent youth
Peugeot 405 alarm !!! - glowplug
On my 405 N reg. the indicators flash when opening/closing doors but occasionally it throws a wobbler and flashes the headlamps. My alarm is turned off under the hood using the keyswitch behind the headlamp.

Steve.
Fanx glowplug.. I know wot ya mean but my alarm is also switched off but piggin lights flash now.. I think pienmash may have a clue here.. By the way i owned a citroen diesel for 7 years and the engine woz faultless. started on the button every day every time..
Cheers pienmash, very usefull.. A few months back on the same car i had problems with the headl;ights not workin.. I turned the stalk and only sidelights and main beam wud work.. A mate of mine just swapped a couple of relays around under the hood and PRESTO the lights worked with no other problems.. Now that ive changed the battery as previously mentioned im wonderin if the relay should be renewed cos its causin this flashin alarm problem.. I know i need a new plip but where apart from Main dealer can i get one???? Any ideas pal..
Peugeot 405 alarm !!! - pienmash
new bleep bleep,i would recomend neats auto near heathrow but im avin terrible trouble with them at moment delivering my power steering pump and glowplugs.....anyhow try them there on the net search for neats on goggle to get there online shop otherwise try a peugeot breakers and take out the complete whole bleep bleep system.pug maindealers will charge the earth,alternative to that completely take out alarm system and replace with a shop bought alarm or immobliser(might be cheaper) and easier to install and calibrate,,,,where are you in london mate...im in croydon,could pop round to sort it,when my motors sorted........no charge just make tea and supply the smokes....
Peugeot 405 alarm !!! - JamesH
I once had a 405 that did this when I replaced the battery. I didn't have the alarm key so that went off too.

I can't remeber exactly what I did but it involved removing the fuse (number 14). Try removing it for a few seconds then popping it back in.

I don't think I did anything else and I'm not sure if the alarm had to be armed or disarmed but it did the job.