AutoGlymn Wheel Cleaner - Blue {P}
Halfords seem to be selling 5 litre industrial size packs of Autoglymn wheel cleaner at the moment.

Before my dad splashes out £20 on this stuff he was wondering if any Backroomers have used it, and is it the same as the stuff they sell in the 1 litre consumer packages?

It seems a good price as Wonder Wheels is £10 per litre. Any thoughts would be appreciated, just we've never thought of buying these industrial packs complete with hazard warnings printed on the side. :-)

Blue
AutoGlymn Wheel Cleaner - Roger Jones
I bought a pack myself and I think I spotted that it contains hydrochloric acid, whereas the small packs contain phosphoric acid. Yup -- just checked that.

It's very good stuff as long as you follow the instructions. On the large pack they do recommend dilution if you use it frequently or if the wheels are in sub-optimal condition. The overall message is clear: this is powerful stuff to be used with great care.
AutoGlymn Wheel Cleaner - mlj
Buy a good brush, use elbow grease and a good polish over the lacquer. Works with my alloys and the polish means they are very easy to clean.
AutoGlymn Wheel Cleaner - Oz
As I understand it the motor trade doesn't use acid-based wheel cleaners, instead uses alkali based cleaner, e.g. made by Neilsen (spelling?), which are supposed to be technically better for the car.
Oz (as was)
AutoGlymn Wheel Cleaner - matt35 {P}
Have a look at EBC Green Stuff brake pads next time you change - almost no brake dust on my wheels since I fitted them.
Matt35.
AutoGlymn Wheel Cleaner - Aprilia
Personally I wouldn't use acid-based cleaners. They are OK if you are doing a quick clean prior to selling, but I wouldn't used them routinely on my own car.
Much better to use a alkali-based 'Traffic Film Remover' - this is what most of the dealers and fleets use. It cleans well, but is not too agressive. You can get a 5l can for between £5-10 at a local factors. Dilute it 1:4 before use, and wear rubber gloves (it attacks the skin).
AutoGlymn Wheel Cleaner - Roger Jones
Ignorant of chemistry as I am, I'd be interested in a technical explanation as to why alkali cleaners should be better than acid. Acid sounds nastier than alkali, but there must be more to it than that. And I also wonder why such a reputable company as AutoGlym should choose to market acid-based cleaners if they are indeed not the best.