Rain is leaking on my mgf ignition coil - readyandrated
Hi, I have recently brought a 1996 mgf 1.8i and I have a problem with it starting in the morning after heavy rain. The rain enters via the boot vents then goes onto the manifold and drips on the ignition coil preventing it from starting on some occasions. I\'m not sure if there is supposed to be a guard to prevent it from doing this and I would appreciate anyone\'s comments.

Thanks - Chris

{please refrain from posting using solely UPPER CASE letters. Contributing to an online discussion group with the caps lock on is thought to be bad manners (it\'s a way of expressing bad temper because it looks as if you\'re shouting). DD, BR Moderator.}
Rain is leaking on my mgf ignition coil - elekie&a/c doctor
I have had this problem before on MGF models,and as you say ,the rain water drips directly onto coil thro grille.There is no guard fitted ,but i have relocated coil high up on n/s/r/ engine bay next to metal access plate,but it does need the wiring extended & possibly a new HT lead from coil to d/cap. any competent electro/tech could do this without any problem if you do not want to do it yourself.
Rain is leaking on my mgf ignition coil - DL
VVC or non-VVC model?
--
groups.msn.com/honestjohn/problems.msnw?Page=1 - Pictures say a thousand words.....
Rain is leaking on my mgf ignition coil - readyandrated
It is the non VVC model. It is very strange that they put the coil there. You would expect them to of put it higher up and away from the grille to prevent this.