Valuing an Audi A6 2.5TDi - BobC
I have been offered an Audi A6 TDi, W registration, July (August?) 2000, 96000 miles, from a company I know for £9000. I am finding it very difficult to know the market value (guides produce huge variations because of the high milage. It is an imported car of high specification including leather seats and sports suspension. It has a full Audi service history and is in good condition, having done much of its milage on motorways.

Is the 2.5TDi engine good for high milage if serviced properly or is it likely to be expensive to keep going to 250,000 miles?

Any comments on value and /or reliability welcolme.
Valuing an Audi A6 2.5TDi - sorrera
There was a 99 A6 quattro TDI v6 FSH sold near me 120K miles, advertised for £7k, so perhaps went for £6.75K?
Didn't see it myself but described (as ever) as immaculate.
On that basis I would say £9K is about £1k too much.
Valuing an Audi A6 2.5TDi - Aprilia
Looks rather expensive to me. I wouldn't pay more than £7k absolute top. A fairly reliable car, but Audi parts and servicing are very expensive - its the kind of car whereby you need to keep £1k in the building society in case it needs a repair!
Valuing an Audi A6 2.5TDi - BobC
sorrera / Aprilia,

Sorry not to have thanked you sooner for your helpfull comments.
I did view and drive the car when they reduced the asking price to £8200. Despite being in excellent condition, I was disappointed to find that it had done 26k since the last service and the cam belt change at 80k had not been done. The test drive convinced me that I should walk away. Heavy clutch, notchy gearbox and not particularly quiet on the motorway (road and wind noise, rather than engine). It did not feel special enough to justify the complexity and potential for high maintenance and repair costs.