How do I reset Clifford alarm please - Halmer
Every so often my (1 x year!) the 15 year old Clifford Alarm on my Golf goes haywire and I have to mess about for ages trying to get it to reset. It's one of the self arming types and is very good.

I don't know why it does it periodically. To stop it from going off repeatedly there is a routine that you have to go thro' which involves turning the ignition on and then doing something with the key fob.

I sorted it when it happened last week but for the life of me I can't still work out what I did.

I'd like to find out what to do and make a note of it if possible. Basically the alarm arms itself (which is normal) but then goes off. I disarm it but is self sets again and goes off. Neighbours not very impressed last time so I drove to somewhere quiet and spent ages triyng to work out what to do.
How do I reset Clifford alarm please - nick
Try asking clifford on www.clifford.com
How do I reset Clifford alarm please - LongDriver {P}
"Neighbours not very impressed last time so I drove to somewhere quiet"

Why do people do that when they have a noisy problem?

hehehe
How do I reset Clifford alarm please - vwclipper88
I'm not too sure about a fifteen year old clifford alarm, but on my clifford concept 300 i get pointed in the right direction to wot caused the fault. i.e. if something causes my alarm to go off, i just have to disarm the alarm put car key into ignition and turn it to position 1, and watch the flashing alarm led. It flashes in a series of sequences. and repeats several times. count the number of times the led flashes in 1 cycle. consult user manual and view list of faults/causes.

If you can find out what model your alarm is i will try and search for a manual for you.

Prax
Prax

I've had a look tonight with a torch. The alarm itself has a circular white sticker on the top of it but I cannot make out any details due to dirt etc.

The alarm fob is a rectangular black one with two buttons. This too doesn't give me any clue to model numbers etc. There is a reference 'C128' inside it but I suspect that it is a reference to the circuitry.
How do I reset Clifford alarm please - vwclipper88
I have tried to search for a list of all clifford alarms produced and came accross the US clifford site which lists all clifford variants and downloable PDF files which i presume are the manuals.

www.clifford.com/guides/other.asp

the majority of cliffords are alike with extra "add-ons" to create a new alarm system and model. I hope the above helps?

Thank you