car accident,insurance and penatly point - nickc
Could someone let me know where i standhere.

i had an accident, i was responsible, i hit the car in front.

her car has been written off (14 year old car) my car has got about £1k worth of damage.

im fully comp, i phoned my insurance company (i have been with them for about 8months now) to report the accident.

though one thing has been really bugging me, about 3 months ago i got 3 penatly points for speeding, but at the time i didnt report it to the insurance company.

now with this accident im making a claim, but i need to know will go ahead ? ie will they pay up even though i didnt tell them about my 3 points?
car accident,insurance and penatly point - Blue {P}
As far as I know you are only required to tell them when it comes to renewal, rather than in the middle of the policy.

But a real expert will be along soon to answer properly!

Blue
car accident,insurance and penatly point - nickc
yes thats what i thought, as in i didnt lie when getting my policy, however in the small print there does say some stuff invalidating the policy (i dont have it with me, will go home tonight and send it in)

i phoned up my insurance broker and spoken to her, and she thinks it will be ok, i had to fax in a letter to her, stating the facts and the reason for not contacting them.

she said she will send this on to the insurance company
car accident,insurance and penatly point - Mark (RLBS)
Firstly, you should have told them immediately. Not telling them at renewal is, perhaps, more deliberate but you should have told them at the time.

Theoretically they could give you real grief over this, but in reality are unlikely to.

Make sure you do put it on the claim form if it asks for such details. This will lend more credence to your statement that you didn't think you had to tell them until renewal, even if you now know that not to be the case.

If they had known about it they would not have refused to insure you, although they might have charged an additional premium. Therefore they are not likely to even try and refuse the claim, or recover from you. And if they did try, they would probably los ein court.

I would guess, and its only a guess, that they will probably ignore it beyond a slap on the wrist; or at worst charge you an additional premium.

car accident,insurance and penatly point - Dan J
I agree wth Mark completely though for reference, I got an SP30 a few months back and when I called Tesco they said they weren't bothered and just to make sure I informed them at renewal time. They wouldn't even make notes on my file as they said it is their standard procedure.
car accident,insurance and penalty point - Orson {P}
I'm also with Tesco, and they know about my 3 points, but said the first three didn't matter. I had a bump 6 months ago and the question about points wasn't asked, so don't worry too much.

O
car accident,insurance and penalty point - PoloGirl
I was asked when I reported the accident, whether I had any other claims or convictions - presumably so they can tie up their files.

From speaking to insurance people, as I've done far too much of recently, the first 3 points don't make a difference to your policy anyway. It only starts to have an impact when you get more than that. I doubt they will make a huge fuss over it.

Hope that helps

car accident,insurance and penalty point - nickc
thankyou all for answering!

im a bit more relieved to tell you the truth, i had a terrible nights sleep last night (3hrs sleep) , worrying a lot by it all.

Still i hope it all goes through, it certainly wasnt deliberate to hold it back.
car accident,insurance and penalty point - buzbee
Tesco not charging for first 3 points. Hmmm, interesting.

Direct Line said to me that 'they' charge when I reported an SP30 to them (of 36 mph in a 30 -- my first speeding fine ever in a car in 35 years) well before the policy expired. And I have umpteen years no-claims. They then said 'that will be £21'.

I said how many times are you going to do this and they said, just the once.

car accident,insurance and penalty point - king arthur
£21 for each time you get three points? I'll take it!
car accident,insurance and penalty point - LongDriver {P}
I'm insured with Elephant and they SPECIFICALLY say in their T&Cs and FAQs that you DON'T have to advise them about any endorsements until renewal.

I agree with the last comment...£21 premium increase for every 3 points...yes please...where do I join?
More like £21 for 3, £210 for 6, £1210 for 9.

By the way...I now now how one particular insurance company gets it's name...their quotes are considerably "more than" anybody else's, if you get my drift....my current insurance (me age 34 with 6 points on mine, her 36 with 3 points on hers, class 1 business use, 2003 Galaxy tdi ghia, 40000 miles per annum) was £690 with Elephant, but over £2000 with them...