Mini Cooper - Best way to sell a Mini? - lucklesspedestrian

Hi

A family member is selling her 2017 Mini Cooper, not trading in, not buying another car. Wondered what the best way to do this is, given the used car market at the moment?

WeBuyanyCar/Cazoo seems to be offering reasonable prices and it certainly avoids the hassle of selling privately on Autotrader or Gumtree.

Anything else we should be considering?

Thanks in advance

Mini Cooper - Best way to sell a Mini? - daveyjp

If they don't want the hassle of adverts and tyre kickers there are the outfits you mention, plus motorway.co.uk that act as a broker to get the best price from their panel of buyers.

Large retailers such as Evans Halshaw, Arnold Clark etc also all need stock and will give offers. Last option drive it to the local Mini dealer and see what they offer.

Mini Cooper - Best way to sell a Mini? - SLO76
If it’s done a sensible mileage and has history it’s prime retail stock. Use the WBAC price as a starting point and call local dealers to get offers. There’s several buying services local to me, one sends cars to Ireland and he pays very strong money. Offered £3k for my old Toyota that I paid just over £4K for three years ago and I sold a 16 plate MiniCountryman to him for £7100 a few months ago which was £500 more re than WBAC.
Mini Cooper - Best way to sell a Mini? - Ian D
Get a quote from WBAC ASAP, as you may find they increase the valuation. On 26 Aug I got a WBAC price for my 2016 BMW 118i, I did nothing and a week later they emailed to say the valuation had gone up, it went up from £9435 to £10120...
Mini Cooper - Best way to sell a Mini? - Lrac

I have simply driven cars to my local auction which in my case is just 6 miles away. Found the whole process to be an excellent way to sell a car without any comeback. I have heard stories that prices at auction are quite high these days but I was happy in the past so I can see no reason not to continue to use them.

If selling a Mini, I would worry that someone would reappear on my door step and say this light has just come on and its going to cost XXXX etc can I have my money back.

Mini Cooper - Best way to sell a Mini? - johncyprus

Could she not see it privately? It can be tiresome however she’d surely be at least a couple of thousand pounds richer that way. She could control the process by vetting people on the phone first and if she’s a female alone arrange to have friend/ family with her when people come to view.

Mini Cooper - Best way to sell a Mini? - SLO76

Could she not see it privately? It can be tiresome however she’d surely be at least a couple of thousand pounds richer that way. She could control the process by vetting people on the phone first and if she’s a female alone arrange to have friend/ family with her when people come to view.

Not necessarily. I’ve found it a challenge to sell anything over £3,000 from the door and dealers will, if the car is in good retailable condition offer all the money you’d get in a private sale. You’d be at best a couple of hundred quid better off and for that you’d take all the hassle and risk.
Mini Cooper - Best way to sell a Mini? - Miniman777

Apart from WBAC, if the car has a low/average mileage, if the car has full Mini service history, it maybe worth pitching a couple of Mini dealers to give a price.

Twice since June, I've had calls from two Mini dealers asking whether an 2012 convertible we had was for sale. They had buyers waiting. Unfortunately it wasn't.

You've nothing to lose.