Non-compliant cars - ULEZ Extension Fallout - neilsutton2002
Which are the best ULEZ non-compliant cars that will shortly be dumped on the second-hand market when the ULEZ extension comes in on 25 October?

Hoping to find a bargain 4 seat coupe/cabriolet.
Non-compliant cars - ULEZ Extension Fallout - RT

Basically any petrol car registered before the end of 2004 so you're really into "bangernomics"

Non-compliant cars - ULEZ Extension Fallout - Engineer Andy

Good for people living outside the Zone who have no interest in driving into the Zone. Isn't there some reduction for people living inside the ULEZ, as opposed to people driving into the Zone?

Non-compliant cars - ULEZ Extension Fallout - Bolt

Good for people living outside the Zone who have no interest in driving into the Zone. Isn't there some reduction for people living inside the ULEZ, as opposed to people driving into the Zone?

Up till the date it comes in, those who live in the boundary get 90% discount to give them time to buy ulez compliant vehicles, from the time it comes in and they don`t change vehicles they will be charged at full rate :(

Sorry, meant to say 100% discount until 24 10 21 then it has to be paid unless in different circumstances, idea is give people a chance to buy ULEZ COMPLIANT vehicle

Non-compliant cars - ULEZ Extension Fallout - John F

Basically any petrol car registered before the end of 2004 so you're really into "bangernomics"

How dare you insinuate that my 1980 ULEZ exempt Triumph TR7 is a banger!

Non-compliant cars - ULEZ Extension Fallout - Steveieb

My friends in Greenwich have been forced to replace their non ULEZ car only to find cruise ships docked near the Maritime Museum belching out the dirtiest of fumes

Non-compliant cars - ULEZ Extension Fallout - Xileno

Hopefully not still burning disgusting bunker fuel. I thought that had been banned.

Non-compliant cars - ULEZ Extension Fallout - focussed

Hopefully not still burning disgusting bunker fuel. I thought that had been banned.

The heavy residual marine fuels have not been banned, there is a cap on the sulphur content of them.

Explained here:-

www.gard.no/Content/20736631/Gard%20Alert%20Fines%...f

Non-compliant cars - ULEZ Extension Fallout - Manatee

I wonder if this has a bearing on the recent purchase, by a friend, of an immaculate low mileage 2003 Bentley Arnage for less than the price of a new Fiesta?

There's one for you...

Non-compliant cars - ULEZ Extension Fallout - Big John

Any Pre Euro 6 diesel?

Non-compliant cars - ULEZ Extension Fallout - _

Our friend in london is taking her 2007 mercedes E220 cdi to Cardiff this weekend, going to see Family and has an offer for £2500 down there WBAC offering £1000 in west london.

Non-compliant cars - ULEZ Extension Fallout - Engineer Andy

Any Pre Euro 6 diesel?

There must be a lot of high mileage, well-cared-for, hardy pre-EU6 diesel mini cabs floating around going for peanuts.

Non-compliant cars - ULEZ Extension Fallout - Big John

Any Pre Euro 6 diesel?

There must be a lot of high mileage, well-cared-for, hardy pre-EU6 diesel mini cabs floating around going for peanuts.

I can imagine there are owners of fairly late diesel cars will be feeling a bit miffed over the ULEZ extension. Certainly the last of the diesel mkII Skoda Superb circa 2015 were only Euro 5 so will have to pay ULEZ.

Fortunately I bought a petrol, OK - for now!!

Edited by Big John on 12/09/2021 at 19:01

Non-compliant cars - ULEZ Extension Fallout - whoami

I've read a couple of articles and even on TfL's own site, it states that when the ULEZ zone's expanded at the end of October, non-compliant cars will need to pay the charge if they drive

the car in the zone.

From TfL ...

From 25 October 2021, when the ULEZ expands to the North and South Circular Roads, residents must pay the full daily ULEZ charge to drive a vehicle in the zone if it does not meet the ULEZ standards

What if you live in the zone but not drive the car much, maybe once a week, do you still get charged the daily rate even if it's just parked up and for being in the zone?

Edited by whoami on 14/09/2021 at 23:59

What if you live in the zone but not drive the car much, maybe once a week, do you still get charged the daily rate even if it's just parked up and for being in the zone?

Doesn`t really say about that,which really should be made clearer IMO, but as TFL have cameras all over London it will be impossible to drive anywhere within the area and not get caught, only states (if you drive in zone) but needs clarifying from TFL,

I don`t get why they havent clarified as a lot will be wondering about that...

Non-compliant cars - ULEZ Extension Fallout - bathtub tom
residents must pay the full daily ULEZ charge to drive a vehicle in the zone if it does not meet the ULEZ standards

That seems perfectly clear to me.

residents must pay the full daily ULEZ charge to drive a vehicle in the zone if it does not meet the ULEZ standards

That seems perfectly clear to me.

To drive a vehicle, question was about a parked vehicle unless I misread it, no mention of a parked car in the zone unless its classed as being driven, if thats clear?

Non-compliant cars - ULEZ Extension Fallout - Smileyman

Pity the same account cannot be used for this charge as used for the Dartford Crossing ... joined up thinking like this clearly is a weak point.