Severe rust along door trim - Daz
Also on my Omega two doors suffer from sever rusting where the black trim between the door and window meets?

Can anyone advise a DIY way of repairing this, the driver's side is the side affected, particulalry the back door.

I have dinor minor rust/dent repairs on older cars but do not wwant to ruin the otherwise good appearance of the car with a poor spray job etc.
Severe rust along door trim - Hugo {P}
Personally, I would seek recommendations for a few good back street body shops.

You may be surprised how cheap the work is.

I recently had a bonnet and a wing straightened and resprayed for £100. At first glance you could not tell it had been done, though a close inspection does show.

If it's a case of simply reparing rust, they will probably need to repair the affected areas and spray the whole panel.

H
Severe rust along door trim - Aprilia
I have seen a few Omegas with rust in that area. I think the black window seal strip has spiked retaining clips which puncture the paint and then of course the metal rusts.

If it is a not metallic paint then you may get away with removing the seal strip, cleaning and treating the metal and 'blending' in new paint. If it is metallic then I would have the whole door painted. You would be best to buy a new seal strip too. £100/panel is a typical rate from a backstreet bodyshop.
Yes unfortunately t is metallic!
Severe rust along door trim - Dynamic Dave
Depending on how old the car is, Vauxhall *might* assist with the repair. Several years ago some of the Mk3 Astra's suffered with rust in the same place as your Omega and, as Aprilla mentioned, it was to do with the metal clips that hold the trim on. Anyone that went back to Vauxhall and complained were directed to body shops and the problem rectified at their expense.
N 96 but I didn;t buy it from new so I guess this would rule that out?