Hyundai ix 20 - Age, mileage and repairs - wantstolearn

Start by acknowledging I over think .

Seriously looking at ix 20. 2017 petrol auto with just over 19000 miles on clock. Priced 9,300 pounds, main dealer.

I know it's how long is a piece of string but......... At what age, mileage might there be any biggish bills ? Should I be concerned about low mileage ?

Might it be advantageous financially to wait for a higher mileage car ?

I know little bit have looked at reviews and car appeals. I am staid low mileage driver so mpg not a serious problem. Auto important for mobility needs.

Hyundai ix 20 - Age, mileage and repairs - elekie&a/c doctor
My sister runs one of these . Very easy to drive and good for anybody with mobility issues . Very spacious. No real problems other than knocking anti roll link bars , that were replaced under warranty no quibble.
Hyundai ix 20 - Age, mileage and repairs - badbusdriver

I wouldn't be overly concerned about the low miles on this, it is a simple n/a petrol, not some fancy diesel. Looking on Autotrader, there are 58 (2017) ix20 petrol auto's for sale, and 43 have done less than 20k miles!.

It does seem a little on the dear side though, cheapest of those for sale was £7995 for a 13k mile example.

They are reliable cars though, only concern might be fuel consumption (they are thirsty), but as you don't cover a lot of miles, not really important.

Have a look at the Kia Venga too, this is the sister car to the ix20, is mechanically identical, and as new would have had a 7 year warranty rather than the Hyundai's 5.

Edited by badbusdriver on 18/05/2021 at 20:08

Hyundai ix 20 - Age, mileage and repairs - SLO76

Bulletproof little cars but bland to look at and drive (if that matters)and a bit greedy, plus they tend to drop quite hard in value once that warranty is up. Remember also that the manufacturer 7yr warranty will only be usable if it has a full main dealer service history, which I’m assuming this one will have. Negotiate hard though as these aren’t particularly easy cars to sell, they’re seen as a bit dated.

Hyundai ix 20 - Age, mileage and repairs - alan1302

Bulletproof little cars but bland to look at and drive (if that matters)and a bit greedy, plus they tend to drop quite hard in value once that warranty is up. Remember also that the manufacturer 7yr warranty will only be usable if it has a full main dealer service history, which I’m assuming this one will have. Negotiate hard though as these aren’t particularly easy cars to sell, they’re seen as a bit dated.

Only a 5 year warranty on these.

Hyundai ix 20 - Age, mileage and repairs - galileo

Only a 5 year warranty on these.

Badbusdriver pointed this out when referring to the Kia equivalent. What is also relevant is that Kia 7 years warranty is for 100,000 miles, Hyundai's 5 years is unlimited mileage.

Hyundai ix 20 - Age, mileage and repairs - SLO76
“ Only a 5 year warranty on these.”

Yup, right enough. So similar they are, I often get my Kia’s and Hyundai’s mixed up.
Hyundai ix 20 - Age, mileage and repairs - Andrew-T

At what age, mileage might there be any biggish bills ? Should I be concerned about low mileage ? Might it be advantageous financially to wait for a higher mileage car ?

'Concerned about low mileage' - It's quite common to find autos with only a few Kmiles per year on the clock. As is normal in this country, that tends to keep the used price up. It should have done a bit more than short shopping trips to clock that up, so if the service record is solid you should be OK.

Hyundai ix 20 - Age, mileage and repairs - wantstolearn

Thanks all for prompt and helpful reply. They have reassured a neurotic buyer like me.

now just looking for best deal.be

advice greatly appreciated.