Ford Focus - Ford Focus 1.0 Ecoboost - Turbo Issue - Craig diggons
Have quite an issue with my Ford Focus 1.0 ecoboost Turbo.

The mileage is currently at 42k miles and has been up to date with servicing.

Car is no longer in warranty which is very annoying, I took it to a a garage today (not Ford) abs they have said it would need a new turbo at the price of £1300 inc labour.

Does that sound about right?

They have said that it would be worth speaking to Ford as it’s in good condition and hasn’t done a great deal of mileage.

Has anyone come across any Turbo issues with these Ford’s and is it worth a fight with Ford to get it repaired for free outside warranty.

Ford Focus - Ford Focus 1.0 Ecoboost - Turbo Issue - Xileno

Always worth a try as you've nothing to lose - but I think your chances are very slim. The most you would get is a contribution and probably even then only if it's been kept serviced at the main dealer.

Ford Focus - Ford Focus 1.0 Ecoboost - Turbo Issue - SLO76
Depends what age it is and if it has a full Ford main dealer history, if it doesn’t I don’t fancy your chances. This is a very fragile engine with a poor reputation in the trade, Ford were offering a lot of goodwill on premature failures if you’ve a full dealer history but without it there won’t be any post warranty goodwill.
Ford Focus - Ford Focus 1.0 Ecoboost - Turbo Issue - Craig diggons
Yeah well I did think that.

I have bought my last 2 cars from the same Ford dealer so that I guess may help.

And it’s currently financed through Ford.

We shall see it’s booked in on Tuesday next week for them to run a diagnostics on it.

Even just a little bit taken off will help.
Ford Focus - Ford Focus 1.0 Ecoboost - Turbo Issue - elekie&a/c doctor
Turbo failure is usually the result of another problem. Overheating, lack of coolant and incorrect spec oil can all contribute to the issue .
Ford Focus - Ford Focus 1.0 Ecoboost - Turbo Issue - daveyjp

Agree with the above. If you intend getting it fixed you need to know why it has failed as it could go again.

It could be oil starvation thanks to the oil pump belt issue I brought up in another thread.

The problem is checking the oil pump strainer for blockages is a lengthy and expensive job.

Ford Focus - Ford Focus 1.0 Ecoboost - Turbo Issue - Sprice

The mileage is currently at 42k miles and has been up to date with servicing.

This is all well and good, but was the servicing done by either a dealer, or by an independent using approved service items, especially oil?

Ford Focus - Ford Focus 1.0 Ecoboost - Turbo Issue - Xileno

Particularly pathetic attempt at free advertising deleted.

Ford Focus - Ford Focus 1.0 Ecoboost - Turbo Issue - daveyK_UK
Hi,
What is the reg of the car? 17 plate?

I ask as the engine has under gone various modifications since it was introduced.

I know Ford are more willing to contribute since all the bad publicity about this engine. If you get a negative response, take your case higher up within Ford.