Stolen Recovered for Resale - Lionel Hutchence

Hi,

I have an opportunity to buy a really cheap car but obviously there is no free cheese... or is there? It's a stolen recovered write-off... basically, the car was written off by the insurer before the police recovered it. Is there a way to "legalise" it to boost its resale value? Mind you, I'm not talking about shady tactics. I'm just wondering if there is a totally above-board way to make the car more appealing to buyers?

Stolen Recovered for Resale - Falkirk Bairn

Buyer beware.

30 years ago a work colleague had his car stolen in Newcastle.

Recovered - a bit dented /scratched. The bodywork was repaired and it looked OK. The car, about 6 months old was then declared a write-off about 1 month later as the car would not run properly - in the week between being stolen & recovered the car had been abused / raced/rallied as well as some cosmetic damage that had been repaired.

The car Vauxhall Calibra - for the benefit of our younger members

www.autocar.co.uk/slideshow/remembering-vauxhall-c...a

Stolen Recovered for Resale - _

Hi,

I have an opportunity to buy a really cheap car but obviously there is no free cheese... or is there? It's a stolen recovered write-off... basically, the car was written off by the insurer before the police recovered it. Is there a way to "legalise" it to boost its resale value? Mind you, I'm not talking about shady tactics. I'm just wondering if there is a totally above-board way to make the car more appealing to buyers?

We had this question a few weeks back...

Ditto replies.

Stolen Recovered for Resale - Andrew-T

Presumably this car is cheap because it has to be, to tempt someone like yourself. But it sounds as if you hope to make a swift buck by laundering or sanitising it. Sounds dodgy to me.

Make your choice, pay your money and enjoy the car if you can, you may be lucky. After a couple of years running perfectly another buyer may also be tempted.

Stolen Recovered for Resale - Will deBeast

I'm just wondering if there is a totally above-board way to make the car more appealing to buyers?

Export it? Perhaps to Ireland?