Suzuki Celerio - Suzuki Warranty - Geoff Dude
Hi All, I own a Suzuki Celerio. Have done since new and covered 50000 in just under 3 years. Been offered a Suzuki Warranty, Comprehensive Cover which seems to include most things but not wear and tear, at £18 per month. The car has a full service history with the Main Dealer. Should I take this offer up or should I now just think about servicing the car myself and save what could be £200 warranty cover and £300 ish Main Dealer servicing a year, totalling roughly £500 a year. It’s the none air con model so not a lot to go wrong really. The warranty would really be for engine failure but am I right to assume that this K10B engine is fairly reliable. Any advice would be appreciated.
Suzuki Celerio - Suzuki Warranty - Xileno

Given the Celerio is a fairly basic car and from a manufacturer of good reputation, I would forget the warranty and transfer servicing to a competent independent.

Suzuki Celerio - Suzuki Warranty - SLO76

Given the Celerio is a fairly basic car and from a manufacturer of good reputation, I would forget the warranty and transfer servicing to a competent independent.

Agree. These are tough wee cars with little to go wrong, you’d be wasting money on the warranty.
Suzuki Celerio - Suzuki Warranty - Metropolis.

Suzuki petrol engines are very good, i would have every faith in a Celerio. Personally I would not bother with the warranty but keep the main dealer servicing. Or get a copy of the detailed service schedule and try to follow it. Could probably get away with not doing so but if you intend to keep it long term, it's worthwhile imo.

Suzuki Celerio - Suzuki Warranty - 3mpv

Hi,we had a Splash with the k10b engine,from 9months old with 1000 miles,had it nearly 6 years and 115k before being written off in accident,shame as it should have easily gone past 150k.No bother with it.Never saw a dealer,i changed the oil and filter about every 7k.I would have another without a doubt,or the alto or celerio.

Suzuki Celerio - Suzuki Warranty - movilogo

Taking warranty is very much dependent on your risk taking appetite.

Suzuki cars are reliable in general. Having said that, many years back my Suzuki Ignis (manual) gearbox failed in its 2nd year (problem with gear synchromesh). Suzuki said it was very rare and they sorted under warranty without any questions. After 3rd year, I took a Suzuki approved extended warranty. I had a minor claim which they paid out.

If something goes wrong with Suzuki cars, they tend to be cheap to repair anyway.