Customers...Why??? - Dave N
Why do customers ring and make an appointment, then don't turn up?

Why do customers ask you to get parts in for a repair, then not turn up (and don't call either)?

Why do customers get the hump when you tell them you can't fix their a/c that afternoon, on the hottest day of the year/the day before going on holiday?

Why do customers look at you like you just raped their wife when you tell them that just putting gas in their a/c won't fix their problem?

Why do customers moan about paying 1 hours labour, when it's taken you 2 hours to fix their dodgy wiring?

Why do customers complain about the poor quality of their car/cost of parts etc. When it was them that bought the car in the first place?

Why do customers complain their brakes/steering/lights etc. now don't work, when all I did was remove the a/c service port caps, fill the system with gas, and put them back on again?

Why do customers complain when you charge them a nominal amount for checking out suspected compressor noise, when all it was is the exhaust heat shield rattling as the idle speed changes when the a/c is switched on?

Why do I charge £40/hour labour? To make up for all of the above!
Customers...Why??? - Rob C
Difficult day?
Customers...Why??? - sean
Why do all customers put their lawnmowers away in October, and want them servicing in April, the next year?

Why do people go to the doctors every November, right at the height of the influenza epidemic?

Why do people book their animals into the boarding kennels every July?

Why do the roads get clogged between 7am and 9am every day, but weekends?

Why is Devon full of caravans in the summer?

Why don't travellers travel at midnight, when they know the roads are clearer?

Why...why.. why?

If I knew these, I'd be rich and not a poor engineer. I am but a poor boy, though my story is seldom told....
Customers...Why??? - volvoman
Dave N they do it 'cos they're customers and, as everyone who runs a business knows, that's their job isn't it ;-)

Thankfully I can tell any 'customers' who get up my nose to "go forth and procreate".

There really is nothing more satisfying than telling a pain in the bum client to go take a running jump! Mind you I'm not left with the spare parts!

Chill out bro.
Customers...Why??? - Pugugly {P}
Why do people.
...drive without insurance
.....drive whilst drunk
.....drive whilst disqualified
......drive at ludicrous speeds (and I don't mean at 10 mph above the limit)
......drive and crash with all or some of the above.

...and then expect me to (a) get them off on an imaginary technicality (usually on the advice of the "bloke in the pub")
(b) Think I can stop them from being disqualified, fined, imprisoned or all of the above.
Customers...Why??? - Kevin

Pugugly,

maybe because that's what they've been led to believe by the media and certain members of the legal profession ?

Kevin...
Mmmm, my personal policy is if its cut and dry and straight cop - go guilty and I'll mitigate. Any problem I can spot in the process though and I'll fight it hammer and tongs. I hate people wasting their or public money (more often) on a dodgy defence
Customers...Why??? - sean
Pug,

Thank God you're here.

There's just something about your posts that brings us all back to earth.

You are right, and you probably know it.

Just, plainly, thanks for being here.
Customers...Why??? - Kevin

PU,

I forgot to mention that you shouldn't discount everything a "bloke in the pub" says.

It was a neighbour I first met in our local who advised me to fight the NIP I received a couple of years ago.

See:

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/index.htm?v=i&t=38...8

Kevin...

Sorry, another sweeping generalization. The best I heard was "I was told if I said I hiccuped into the intoximeter I'd get off with it...." Oh yes so why did they take a blood sample then and that showed you were over as well ?

Or a driver arrested for drug driving and was as high as the proverbial when he came to plead his case with me ?

There is enough dosh in the genuine guys (and guyettes) and you can afford to be picky these days.
Customers...Why??? - smokie
PU - don't you, sometimes? (get them off, when they shouldn't, I mean...). Otherwise why bother paying you?
Customers...Why??? - DL
Dave - I can sympathise with you mate..
I couldn't possibly comment !
Customers...Why??? - Vansboy
& how come they are ALWAYS losing £100's a day, in lost wages 'cos the £2,000 van they bought from us & didn't service for 18,000 miles has let them down?

& complain that they're not VAT registered & can't claim the governments 17.5% back, despite the quoted earnings, above?

& think we can do a deal for cash & 'forget' about the £7-800 of the VAT on a newer van?

& why didn't I listen to my Mum & get a proper job?

VB
Customers...Why??? - SjB {P}
You thought you had a bad customer!

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west_yorkshire/3168021...m
Customers...Why??? - Altea Ego
& how come they are ALWAYS losing £100's a day, in
lost wages 'cos the £2,000 van they bought from us &
didn't service for 18,000 miles has let them down?

I cant afford the van to be off the road for a service - it would cost me £100's in lost wages
& complain that they're not VAT registered & can't claim the
governments 17.5% back, despite the quoted earnings, above?

VAT? dont pay that, or tax, thats why I earn £100's a day
& think we can do a deal for cash & 'forget'
about the £7-800 of the VAT on a newer van?

I work for cash, why cant you?
& why didn't I listen to my Mum & get a
proper job?

You need a job that pays £100's a day, no VAT and no tax