Ford KA - engine odd judder/ miss? - Jordy32
After searching for a few days I have been unable to find an answer to the following,

My wife's KA has an odd judder noticeable at idle. It is almost as if the engine misses slightly but both the Ford dealership and a local independent can't find anything wrong. The judder does not get any better as the engine heats up. I have had the throttle assembly cleaned and a few other bits of the EMS but to no avail. The car has run like this for 10K with no noticeable problems however it does seem prone to develop very noisy tappets.

Please help!

Ford KA - engine odd judder/ miss? - roadrunner99
We had a similar problem which the local main dealer were unable to find the fault. An engineer from Ford UK visited and stripped down various bits and pieces (including the gearbox!) and eventually found that one of the springs on the clutch plate had broken. This resulted in the engine being out of balance and giving a feel of erratic idling - even the doors vibrated on idling! A change of the clutch plate has completely cured the problem. Hope this helps.
Ford KA - engine odd judder/ miss? - asti
Hi not sure about the judder but some KAs need to have their tappets adjusted every few months due to interal wear and often need fairly major work to correct fault.The tappets wear through the hardening.
Ford KA - engine odd judder/ miss? - Andrew Moorey (Tune-Up)
Take the rocker cover off and with a spanner on the crank nut turn the engine over and observe the amount of lift on each valve. If the tappets are going noisy very quickly I'd suggest oil starvation to the cam and valvegear and you may have little movement on one or more valves.
Andrew
--
Simplicate and add lightness!!
Ford KA - engine odd judder/ miss? - mfarrow
How old is your Ka? The first Enduras suffered from premature tappet wear, and I suspect many had to have them replaced with a "revised" part under warranty.

--------------
Mike Farrow