Skoda Superb Estate 2018 - Fault with three doors on my Skoda Superb - Andrew Tonge

Hello, I bought a 2018 Skoda Superb in December 2020, and, unfortunately, it has developed several faults which seem to be progressing. Firstly, a couple of days after taking delivery of the car, the alarm went off and the battery went flat. A new battery was fitted by a Skoda/VW Group breakdown technician, who then spent about half an hour resetting things inside the car. Also, the boot lights were not working, but the technician managed to get these working by tapping them.

This is the first Skoda I have owned and I have noticed that the doors require a lot more force to close properly than my Toyota, and that one of the rear doors in particular is harder to close than the others. I took the opportunity to ask the technician about this, but he explained that it was simply a case of the doors being heavy, which didn’t really make sense.

In January, I noticed a fault with the same rear door referred to above, which persists today. When the car is unlocked, the rear door will not open from the outside - only from the inside. At first, this fault was intermittent, but now it is permanent. The front passenger door has since also developed the same fault, plus more recently there is a new issue with this door because, when the car is locked, the door can still be opened and the alarm goes off.

The car was seen by a VW group garage a few days before the end of the warranty period. Unfortunately the garage was unable to diagnose the cause of the faults at the first attempt, but told me that it had detected a fault with the driver’s door as well, cause also unknown. As the garage was unable to carry out a repair before the end of the warranty period, (because they couldn’t diagnose the faults), Skoda is refusing to do any further work under warranty - apparently, repairs have to be completed before the end of the warranty period.

Any thoughts on the technical aspects of the faults with the doors?

Thank you!

Skoda Superb Estate 2018 - Fault with three doors on my Skoda Superb - skidpan

We are on our 2nd Superb, the first an early 2018, the 2nd a late 2020.

No problems with batteries.

No problems with doors closing.

I suspect the car has suffered a pretty severe accident and been poorly repaired.

Since you bought it only 3 months ago you are still covered under the Consumer Act 2015 which means since the garage has tried and failed to repair it the fault is assumed to have been present when you bought it and because of this you entitled to reject it and get a full refund (less an an=mount fro the miles covered).

Suggest you visit a solicitor ASAP. The car is a wrong un.

Skoda Superb Estate 2018 - Fault with three doors on my Skoda Superb - sammy1

Further to the above any experienced body shop will be able to tell you if the car has had a repair If you reported the fault to Skoda within the warranty I would suggest that this is THEIR problem if they cannot diagnose electrical problem with door looking system. If you bought it from a dealer then they still have a responsibility to repair the car as stated above. Get it back to them ASAP

Skoda Superb Estate 2018 - Fault with three doors on my Skoda Superb - brum

Further to the above any experienced body shop will be able to tell you if the car has had a repair If you reported the fault to Skoda within the warranty I would suggest that this is THEIR problem if they cannot diagnose electrical problem with door looking system. If you bought it from a dealer then they still have a responsibility to repair the car as stated above. Get it back to them ASAP

You will get far more help from briskoda.net than this forum

Join up and get (mostly) friendly technical advice.

www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/478542-passenger-sid.../

www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/491710-rear-passenge.../

Skoda is refusing to do any further work under warranty - apparently, repairs have to be completed before the end of the warranty period.

That is incorrect, so long as the fault is reported within the warranty period, and recorded by a Skoda dealer, it is a valid warranty claim. It can barely be outside the manufacturers warranty, this is not a wear and tear item so goodwill should also be available. You are also covered by the Consumer Act as previously mentioned, the only fly in the ointment is you should have gone straight to the supplying dealer (consumer act) or a Skoda dealer (manufacturer warranty/goodwill) so possibly have made things complicated. Contact Skoda customer services and complain

Edited by brum on 26/03/2021 at 15:50

Skoda Superb Estate 2018 - Fault with three doors on my Skoda Superb - Big John

I'd take the car back to the dealer you bought it from.

You have rights:-

www.theaa.com/car-buying/legal-rights