Toyota Yaris 1.0 2002 - Driver's side wheel noise - Paul80

I recently noticed some noise (kind of single small clang) that occurs on turning or going over something. It's coming from the front wheels.

I looked behind driver's wheel and found something not quite right (a loose/missing bolt?) - see pics:

drive.google.com/file/d/10d0wwhJZ7eXc9avlBuGlgqz6L...g

drive.google.com/file/d/10dFb3CnxfvI7vUcOPDub-bmpp...g

Not sure it's related to the noise though.

My question is - what is it and is it dangerous to drive? I'm mainly thinking of selling my car now and would like to include this in the car's condition.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Edited by Paul80 on 13/03/2021 at 13:39

Toyota Yaris 1.0 2002 - Driver's side wheel noise - elekie&a/c doctor
Anti roll bar link rod has broken . Not serious but needs sorting . Definitely an mot fail .
Toyota Yaris 1.0 2002 - Driver's side wheel noise - Paul80

Thanks. Would you say it's serious enough to make the car not road worthy? Or can I just mention it as a minor thing? I'm thinking of selling the car on eBay, never done it before so not sure if I should list it as ok with minor repairs or as for spares.

Toyota Yaris 1.0 2002 - Driver's side wheel noise - elekie&a/c doctor
This would be classed as a major fault on an mot test , and would thus come into the classification as unroadworthy. If you are selling the car spares or repair, with known faults, probably doesn’t matter .
Toyota Yaris 1.0 2002 - Driver's side wheel noise - Andrew-T

If the Doc's diagnosis is correct, my guess is that if you got it fixed you might recover the cost from a better selling price ?

Toyota Yaris 1.0 2002 - Driver's side wheel noise - blindspot

anti roll bar . bushes. you can buy the kit for less than £20. not difficult , just get the bits in the right way round and order

Toyota Yaris 1.0 2002 - Driver's side wheel noise - madf

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-Yaris-MK1-1-4-D-4D-Genui...9

are the parts you want. (You need two - one for each side)

Just replaced those on wife's 2003 Yaris.

Lots of You Tube guides on how to diy.

The two jacks method is easiest.

Edit : the Parts are identical for all models 1999 to 2005

Edited by madf on 14/03/2021 at 06:35