Toyota Yaris 2002 1.0 - Toyota Yaris 2002 seat belt stalks - Paul80

The plastic casing on the front seat belt buckles, both passenger's and driver's, have cracked and I had to take them off. The seat belts still clip on ok, except on the driver's it occasionally jams, I think some spring fell off it.

Im looking to replace them and I understand I should buy seat belt stalks. They seem to be quite pricey and hard to find now, so I'm wondering would something called universal seat belt buckle work? Something like this: ebay.us/fRhLY4

Also, are they fairly easy to replace on your own?

Any advice appreciated.

Toyota Yaris 2002 1.0 - Toyota Yaris 2002 seat belt stalks - elekie&a/c doctor
I replaced these stalks on a friend’s Yaris a few years ago . They were around £15 per side from Toyota main dealer . Not difficult to fit with the correct socket and ratchet.

Edited by elekie&a/c doctor on 06/03/2021 at 10:24

Toyota Yaris 2002 1.0 - Toyota Yaris 2002 seat belt stalks - jc2

You need to check if your mounting is to the seat or to the floor but remember,it's your or your partner's life-what's that worth?

Yes, good point, that's why I'm actually weary of cheap parts or doing it myself. I'm fine driving it as it is for now, but I'm thinking of selling the car in near future so that's the main reason. Also not sure it would pass MOT (not due for another 9 months), I've been told 2 different things.

Toyota Yaris 2002 1.0 - Toyota Yaris 2002 seat belt stalks - Galaxy

I'm sure that the parts given in the link would work. But the trouble is they are coming from China and you have absolutely no idea as to what standard, if any, they are made!

I'd always use manufacturers genuine parts for something like seat belts that is safety related if they are available in preference to anything else.

Toyota Yaris 2002 1.0 - Toyota Yaris 2002 seat belt stalks - Lee Power

Always check the part price new from a main dealer parts dept, over the years I've found plenty of genuine parts from a dealer for various vehicle manufacturers to be cheaper then aftermarket or 2nd hand.

Yes, I found the genuine Toyota part, they are only slightly more expensive than the used ones on Ebay. I might order them. Will have to check if I can fit them myself though, if I go to a garage the total cost could be close to £100 which is around 1/5 or 1/4 of what the car is worth. :(