Vauxhall Kangoo - Removing wheelchair ramp - cris otto

I am looking for a cheap used car with lots of boot space and I came across the Vauxhall Kangoo, which seem to suits my need. Most of the ones on sale (nearly all) have a wheelchair ramp a. I will not need the ramp, and I am wondering if is a big job to remove it, and if there are any implication with the insurance - has the car been modify, is the insurance likely to cost more if it has been modified, and if I remove the ramp will I have to notify DVLA?

Also, are there any other makes similar to the Kangoo? I have looked at Berlingo and Doblo and they seem to be more expensive

Thanks

Cris

Vauxhall Kangoo - Removing wheelchair ramp - RT

The structure will have been modified to fit the ramp, specifically the boot floor and bumper armature so any removal risks weakening the car.

Vauxhall Kangoo - Removing wheelchair ramp - cris otto

The structure will have been modified to fit the ramp, specifically the boot floor and bumper armature so any removal risks weakening the car.

Thank you. That makes sense.

Vauxhall Kangoo - Removing wheelchair ramp - skidpan

I am looking for a cheap used car with lots of boot space and I came across the Vauxhall Kangoo

Surely you mean the Renault Kangoo. The Vauxhall equivalent was the Combo which was based on an ancient Corsa followed by a rebadged Doblo and now a rebadged Berlingo.

I appreciate the bigger Vauxhall vans were based on the Renaults, wife's place had a Movano that was a Renault Master with a different badge.

Before I posted this I did a Google search and the only link to the Vauxhall "Kangoo" was back to this post thus I would be very careful before you buy a car that potentially does not actually exist.

Vauxhall Kangoo - Removing wheelchair ramp - blindspot

vauxhall susuki agila did a lot of wheelchair addaptions .i would check out bay