How far can I travel to see / buy a car? - Warning

In terms of Lockdown, we are in the "Stay Home".

Whilst, I not in a hurry to update my car, but I am on the look out for a new car. If I happen to see one which meets my price and requirements. How far can I travel under current regulations?

How far can I travel to see / buy a car? - RT

It's not essential travel so no distance at all and no excuse to leave the house - legal travel restrictions will be eased on March 29th.

Edited by RT on 23/02/2021 at 07:31

How far can I travel to see / buy a car? - mcb100

As above. If automotive is non-essential retail, then going to look at a car must be non-essential travel.

Any dealer who lets you physically view a car before April 12th is breaking the law.

Edited by mcb100 on 23/02/2021 at 08:02

How far can I travel to see / buy a car? - daveyK_UK
As far as you can avoid the police.

You should be fine.
How far can I travel to see / buy a car? - movilogo

Rule says you can't travel any distance to buy car.

If you book an appointment with estate agent to view a house with an aim to buy or rent, then you can travel within rules.

All depends how much creative you want to be.

How far can I travel to see / buy a car? - sammy1

If you are say self employed and you need a car or van for your work what are you to do? Look after number one like a large percentage are doing!

How far can I travel to see / buy a car? - Bromptonaut

If you are say self employed and you need a car or van for your work what are you to do?

You must stay at home unless you have a legitimate excuse to be out. The regulations include a non exhaustive list of reasons (eg work, essential supplies etc).

If you're caught outside looking for the car/van you need for work you could make a case for that being a legitimate excuse. Being out looking at an MX5 because you want one was a weekend 'toy' is less likely to pass muster.

How far can I travel to see / buy a car? - Sofa Spud

Rule says you can't travel any distance to buy car.

If you book an appointment with estate agent to view a house with an aim to buy or rent, then you can travel within rules.

All depends how much creative you want to be.

You should not try to be 'creative' about the rules at all. They are there to protect everyone and we should all obey them.

How far can I travel to see / buy a car? - mcb100

There are exemptions that will allow a customer to test drive a car, and I can't remember the wording but it's along the lines of being in connection with the saving of lives.

Being self-employed is not one of them - click & collect is available and being used by many.

How far can I travel to see / buy a car? - RGCRob

In terms of Lockdown, we are in the "Stay Home".

Whilst, I not in a hurry to update my car, but I am on the look out for a new car. If I happen to see one which meets my price and requirements. How far can I travel under current regulations?

If you're not in a hurry, I would suggest waiting until the restrictions lift to a degree where such travel is permitted - for your own safety as much as anyone else's. With a fair wind it could be just another month or two.