The Auto Taser - The Growler
Anyone know where I can get spare remotes for one of these? THe US supplier seems to have gone out of business. For those of you who don't know, the Auto Taser is an anti-theft device that clamps across the steering wheel. It contains a stun gun system powered by 3 PP3 batteries. It fits across the stereo area and when armed, emits a warning flasher light. On being disturbed, the TAser first emits an agonising shrill squeal then lightning flashes up and down the barrel. Anyone daft enough to touch it gets 50,000 volts non-lethal but enough to make him wonder why his arms and legs don't work.

I use it on My Harley Road-KIng as well as a look-but-don't-touch-device.

I love this device as you can imagine. Twice it must have given some so-called hardass a surprise or two when he smashed my window. Alas I dropped the remote down a drain and can't find another one. Why the manufacturer went out of business I can't imagine. THis was the best $299 + shipping I've ever spent on a car accessory. NO vehicle mods and guaranteed scary.
If anyone out there uses a Taser, has a spare remote, and is willing to partt with it I'd be glad to pay a good price.
Re: The Auto Taser - Michael
is it legal? If so, should be standard fit to all cars!
Re: The Auto Taser - The Growler
There's a window sticker warning of severe electric shock if tampered, and I figure that's enough for me to implement any reasonable security measure I decide in order to exercise my fundamental rights to protect my property. As to whether the Taser is legal, or not, breaking into cars and stealing things certainly isn't!
Re: The Auto Taser - fecker
Didn't know Harleys had windows or steering wheels ..... some of them do have stereos tho.....
DUH! Hogs have tubular items known as handlebars around which the item can be fitted. Please submit a useful contribution next time and refrain from doing so if you don't have one. Thank you.
Re: The Auto Taser - Mark (Brazil)
There is a German supplier who might be able to help. If you don't speak German you could try and wait for Andy to show up - he lives in Germany.

Anyway, for what its worth.....

www.alarm-center.de/alarm/autotaser.htm
It's not a fundamental human right to zap people with 50,000 volts.

What if a cat jumped on it or an old bloke went ooh whats that - zap.

You'd be in court pronto - well in this country you would.....

I didn't even start on Harleys..... which are highly thievable due to their high chrome content .....
Re: The Auto Taser - andy sampson
I would of thought any universal remote could be tuned to activate the on/off function of this device, just like when you lose your car alarm remote and the genuine replacement is too expensive!!
THanks, that's interesting. I didn't know that. THe Taser does have a "rolling code" alarm, whatever that means -- presumably to stop thieves duplicating the signal.
Re: The Auto Taser - Stu
Growler wrote:
"Please submit a useful contribution next time and refrain from doing so if you don't have one."

... hardly written in the spirit of this site Growler.
Blimey.
Aplogies if it went to the wrong place - it was a particularly inane comment from fecker it was meant for.
Re: The Auto Taser - Andrew Hamilton
Electric fence units are limited in charge to suit the animal concerned so it is discouraged and not electrocuted. Although the voltage is high the small capacitor stores little current so you can escape. However a person could injure themselves due to the shock reaction and this is where you could be liable in theory. However I cannot see a thief bothering to report the car owner. Surely he would be more likely to vandalise the car or even set it on fire!
Why don't you just get your bodyguard to shoot them?