Car Polish - OrtonMark
Ok, not one of the most burning issues of the day but what is the best car polish for metallics or for that matter any car paint?
Car Polish - Tom Shaw
To be honest, furniture polish is as good as anything I've ever used and is certainly the cheapest, specially if you half-inch it from the kitchen when SWMBO is not around.

I seem to recall one of the bike mags coming to the same conclusion a few years ago.
Car Polish - Doc
Everyone seems to have their personal preference.

I find MER to be an excellent polish, and easy to apply.
Many classic car owners use it too.
Car Polish - Marcos{P}
I used to use Auto Glym but have since found Meguires, I think thats how you spell it.
Brilliant stuff and is used by most proffesionals I found out.
They have a web site and I think you can buy it direct but it is quite pricey.
You pay for what you get.
Car Polish - matt35 {P}
Like Marcos, I have moved from Autoglym to Meguiars but it is a 3 stage job and is a lot of work.
I recently read of 3M Imperial Handglaze on this BB and got some - it is easy to use and really removes the swirl marks - best I have ever used and topped with Meguiars polish and carnauba wax is magic!

Matt35.

PS - if you are getting good polish, get good cotton cloths!
Car Polish - Deryck Tintagel
I have been using Zymol for the last year or so on my car's pearlescent paintwork. A work colleague and Porsche owner recommended it to me. He uses a slightly different type bought from Porsche but I bought from Halfords - I would guess that it's essentially the same thing.

It is a naturally based polish with coconut oils and a variety of other things in it. Not petroleum based so Iguess it will not be harmful to the paintwork in any way. Smells quite nice too.
Car Polish - magoo
Only consider Meguiares, or any other Carnauba wax product, if you\'re prepared to polish your car FOUR times a year. Carnauba wax just doesn\'t last that long on the car - typically 3 months only. Where as modern synthetic waxes last typically 2 to 3 times longer. Listen to this company that sells Meguiares www.properautocare.com/whichwaxisbest.html

I started up a valeting business 10 years ago, but gave it up after only 3 months because it was too much like hard work, doh! But learn\'t quite a bit. Got trained up by AutoGlym, on one of their courses, and built a respect for their products. Some of which worked better than others, and they\'re nearly always expensive.

I think Turtlewax products can be even more variable in quality, but two of their polishes came tops in a recent AutoExpress review www.autoexpress.co.uk/product_test/product_test_st...3 so I used these last time I polished my car and I was as impressed as AutoExpress.

Step 1: AutoGlym Intensive Tar Remover

Step 2: AutoGlym Paint Renovator

Step 3: TurtleWax Extreme Polishing Wax

Step 4: TurtleWax Gloss Guard

Awesome shine. Repels water, like you\'d never believe. Makes washing very easy.
Car Polish - magoo
Tips to maintain the above..

*DON'T use a pressure washer on paintwork. Too much pressure removes the wax.

*Use a garden hose with a simple gun attachment.

*Use a lambs-wool wash mitt (Meguires sell one). Will not scratch like a sponge does.

*Use TurtleWax 'Zip Wax Wash & Wax' when washing. Another winner of an AutoExpress shoot-out review.

And no, I don't work for TurtleWax!
Car Polish - Ben {P}
O often find myself buying cars that haven't been cleaned in ages, and spend hours getting the paint back, only to have my work ruined by the sap from nearby trees.

What is the best approach on cars with slightly dulled laquer, should i use mettalis paint t-cut then gloss guard? Or will i need to use a regular polish inbetween?

Ben
Car Polish - Vansboy
As mentioned many times previously,Mer was always my favourite, but it is mildly abrasive.

Have NEARLY been converted to www.meguiars.co.uk , certainly a top quality product.

Well worth checking out thier site thoroughly, lots of good hints n tips.

If you do fancy trying the stuff, don't order on line.You'll save money, by a bit of a haggle, with your local stockist, if you've got one.

VB
Car Polish - Observer
Following trial of several previous useful suggestions from this site, I finished up using the three steps of what Meguiars entitle the "Deep Crystal System" (see above site) with very good results; it did not get rid of all the scratches,but I seem to be the only one who notices.

(I think for the scratches I'd have to us Scratch X and a lot of elbow rease or a power polisher, and I'm afraid of more damage.)

I certainly do not contemplate changing.