Renault Clio - Running light full of condensation - malct

I own a Renualt clio 66/17 model with the running light at the bottom of the bumper.

Yesterday my car was in lookers having a service and MOT on the last day of the 4 year warranty.

I was informed that the passenger side running light was full of condensation and for me to keep a eye on it incase water gets in causing an electrical fault and if it gets worse, Then they would contact renault to supply and fix a new sealed running light, When checking the light, I could see how bad it was for condensation, So i asked why can't it be done now, The lady on the desk told me, Renault wont replace it because its not in a bad enough condition,

This to me sounds crazy, There is a fault with the sealed unit, Why wait for it to get worse and even with condensation, Could it not cause an electrical fault.

The lady said , The condensation will clear up once the warmer weather comes.....

Any thoughts

I am planning on contacting renault explaining that the situation myself and seeing if i can get a replacment under the warranty since it was picked up during the service or something in writing to say that it will be replaced free of charge if it doesn't clear up.

Renault Clio - Running light full of condensation - elekie&a/c doctor
If it’s got condensation in the unit , then there is fracture in the lens or the bonding seal has failed . I presume the other side is ok. The part is faulty, getting the dealer to replace it seems to be tricky , as it works ok . It’s not going to get any better or self heal . It’s unlikely to cause an electrical problem . Pressure Renault for a new unit . Good luck.
Renault Clio - Running light full of condensation - Andrew-T

The lady said , The condensation will clear up once the warmer weather comes.....

If moisture can get out, it will get in again. I don't know this car, but it's quite possible that under the bumper the water gets in behind. Can you see the workings ? Replacement could be quite awkward, or fairly simple.

I had a look to see if i can get to it, But its got a plastic panel that runs under the engine. and i cannot see the light. If it was easy , I would buy one of ebay and fit it myself

I had a look to see if i can get to it, But its got a plastic panel that runs under the engine. and i cannot see the light. If it was easy , I would buy one of ebay and fit it myself www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-Clio-MK4-2013-2018-Pass...G

Renault Clio - Running light full of condensation - elekie&a/c doctor
Most of this type of light unit fitted to cars are attached to the the back of the bumper . So you need access from the wheel arch area. As you’ve found out , covered in various plastic panels .

I remember my old megane, you had to take the wheel off to get into the casing to change a light bulb. It wasn't has bad as people made out, But 20 minutes to change a bulb..