Drive the Deal offers - SteveH42
Just been looking at the Drive the Deal offer on the Yaris in the News section. The prices look quite attractive, with the 1.3 T3 only working out at about £300 more than the 1.0 in 3-door spec. However, there is no facility for part-ex of your existing car. What is the best way to go about getting rid of it and getting a good price? I'm wary of selling privately as it could be a lot of hassle and I'd imagine there is scope for problems. Do dealers and garages buy cars, or will they only part-ex? Might it be worth seeing if my local dealer can match or get close to these prices with a good trade-in to save myself a bit of hassle, or are Toyota dealers unlikely to haggle? (I was told when I was originally looking at the Yaris that demand was so high that there was no way they'd discount them)

My only concern with changing really is that the new model spec levels are a bit rubbish. There is too much of a gap between the T3 and T-Spirit - I'd like either air-con or a sunroof, but you have to go to T-Spirit trim with quite a price premium for this, and DtD don't offer any options other than metallic paint.
Drive the Deal offers - J.B.
Franchised Dealers DO buy cars but if there is nothing in it for them,i.e. a new car sale, then you are unlikely to get much for it even if it is pretty desirable and newish. If it's not then no chance. Used car traders would take it but their margins are smaller so again you wouldn't get any great deals. I think people like Trade sales of Slough do let you PX your old one so perhaps it varies from place to place. Private sales are a bit of a hastle but you can maximise the price especially if you go to town on the preparation.
Drive the Deal offers - DavidHM
Try www.ukcarbroker.co.uk - they may p/x your car, especially as in your case it is the kind of car that a franchise dealer could retail. Trade Sales and the like will do p/xes but of course they have to make money by passing it on to the trade, not retail, so there's no reason to expect them to be generous - which is not to say they won't offer you a fair price.

I tend to agree that if you don't want to sell privately, it's difficult to get the best price on a car because you can't really compare offers. For instance, one dealer may be £200 cheaper on the new one but not get within £500 of another on the p/x.

One tactic is to try negotiating with the franchise, based on the broker price. Explain that you would rather buy locally and p/x but this deal is temptingly good and it would be worth your while to sell privately.
Drive the Deal offers - iantoyota
Speaking from daily experiance as a Toyota dealer you should be able to get your local Toyota dealer to within £500 of any GENUINE internet price.... if you cant then email me and im sure I will.... plus dealers will of course take your PX