Jaguar - MOT - Question - bettyboop1

Hello, my car has developed 2 faults, I cannot seem to find if a couple of faults I have are failures for a MOT, so I wondered if anyone could help with the answer, please.

1. Dashboard has an intermittent message coming on; low fuel level.

The fuel is not low, but strangely enough I found when I have shopping in the boot, the low fuel level message doesn’t come on at all, as soon as the boot is empty, it comes back on!

2. Boot lock has miraculously stopped working with the remote control now, so I have to use the key to open it.

Also, do the faults sound like expensive jobs to fix, I am a woman and have used a couple of shall we say, not so great garages in the past!

Thank you in advance.

Jaguar - MOT - Question - Railroad.

Neither of these are MOT failures, or even testable so don't worry there.

Just because your fuel tank is full doesn't necessarily mean the gauge reads full. It sounds like you have a fault with the fuel tank sender unit or the wiring, aggravated when you load up the boot which in turn affects the fuel gauge.

You may have a faulty boot lock motor which may need replacing.

Thank you so much for your reply.

Thats a relief to know. The fuel counter works shows the the mileage when fuel is put in, so thats working at the very least, lol!

Could I ask, would those two be big jobs, as Im wary of garages after a bad experience with one that was costly, and should never have been.

Thank you again.

Jaguar - MOT - Question - elekie&a/c doctor
What model Jaguar is it and what age is it ?
Jaguar - MOT - Question - blindspot

the door lock . would be a diy job for me.fixed that on corsa once it was quite easy ,no crawling on the floor or oily bits.

the fuel level sender or float is going bad. , get it sorted when you replace petrol filter.

i ran out of petrol in the corsa . the gauge read full. Always trip the odemeter on filling, thats what iv'e done ever since. Ten years back..good habit

Hi Blindspot, being a woman, no chance me repairing the car :)

The fuel counter seems to work fine, it just when I put shopping in the boot the message goes off the screen, when its empty the message comes on. Fuel seems to be correct on mileage for what I am putting in, as it automatically comes up with what the miles are once you fill it. So I make sure ive always got plenty.

I was just worried that it would fail MOT, luckily its passed every year. :)

Jaguar - MOT - Question - blindspot

Yer somethings just aint worth worrying about.

Jaguar - MOT - Question - Brit_in_Germany

The lock issue is more likely a broken wire. The solution then would be to fit a new boot loom.

Jaguar - MOT - Question - edlithgow

Hi Blindspot, being a woman, no chance me repairing the car :)

How different from the home life of our own dear Queen

api.time.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/05/queen-eliz...5