Any - 36 month warranty for buying online - _

"Quote from an advert"

As an incentive to purchase on-line and to give you added protection and confidence, we are including 36 months comprehensive warranty and 12 months breakdown cover free of charge for all purchases (with exception of TVR, Bentley and Aston Martin) made during lockdown.

I have found this particular dealer to be very good and fair in the past, but is this a first for used car sales.

Does anyone match it?

I suppose that the car needs to be properly maintained as per an original warranty?

Kerridges. Needham Market.. my former Mg dealers.

Edited by _ORB_ on 27/12/2020 at 17:19

Any - 36 month warranty for buying online - Avant

It's quite eye-catching isn't it! I suppose it'll be one of the proprietary used car warranties where you need to check the small print very carefully. The other imponderable is whether and by how much they've raised the prices of the cars.

Forgive the cynicism: I'm sure they're good dealers as you say, but they still have to make money at a difficult time and they may have a lot of stock to shift.

Any - 36 month warranty for buying online - craig-pd130

we are including 36 months comprehensive warranty and 12 months breakdown cover free of charge for all purchases (with exception of TVR, Bentley and Aston Martin) made during lockdown.

Obviously those marques don't need warrantying because the reliability and dependability of their cars is beyond question ....

Any - 36 month warranty for buying online - Terry W

How good the deal is depends on the car, age, price and mileage. But as a promotional attraction it could work.

I am sure they will have been able to negotiate large discounts compared to individual members of the public for very basic breakdown cover.

The warranty is probably also through a warranty company as being on-line there is no assurance they would have a local garage. Again they may negotiate a good price by properly servicing the vehicle first and having mileage and service exclusions.

So if you are selling £10-20k cars, this may be a worthwhile expense to increase volumes!