Honda Jazz III 2012 - Upgrading Infotainment - Mmarsh1972

I have a Honda Jazz III 2012 CVT. Great car, but as its a 2012 it lacks a lot of modern niceties...

No Integrated GPS (I have a Garmin Dash mounted), No Rear-Parking Cam or radar, Obsolete factory radio w/CD player and I really wish I had Apple Carplay on it.

I am tempted to get a Garmin SD 65 and BC40 combo. This is not hugely expensive (about 400 Euros) and would give me some of the features I want with drilling holes everywhere. The Jazz doesn't have the greatest rear visibility and I have dinged the car several times on low obstacles that I couldn't see.

What do you suggest? This? or do you think I should take to a professional auto store and have them totally upgrade everything top to bottom... speakers, headunit, rear cams, etc...

I am somewhat on the fence, because added to this I am debating simply buying a new (used) SUV, (but that of course that's ALOT more expensive) just to have a bigger/more powerful vehicle AND many of these features are now standard.

I am somewhat on the fence as my car is although small is perfectly fine and only has 30,000km on it. So I could keep it forever if I wanted.

What do you suggest. What's the smart play here?

Edited by Mmarsh1972 on 04/12/2020 at 21:28

Honda Jazz III 2012 - Upgrading Infotainment - RT

Rear parking sensors are cheap (relatively) and easy to fit

Honda Jazz III 2012 - Upgrading Infotainment - Avant

It could be worth spending 400 euros if that gives you quite a lot of what you want, but probably not a full audio upgrade on a car thar's nearly 9 years old.

The Garmin you suggest could keep you going while you save for something newer and better equipped.

Honda Jazz III 2012 - Upgrading Infotainment - badbusdriver

While I am totally baffled by your comment regarding the Jazz's (truly excellent in fact, thanks to deep windows and an almost vertical rear end) rear visibility, this unit from Ebay, along with a rear camera (which can be plugged into the unit) would seem to answer your needs,

Edited by badbusdriver on 05/12/2020 at 08:01

Honda Jazz III 2012 - Upgrading Infotainment - madf

I am just about to fit one of these to my 2012 Jazz.

tinyurl.com/yyk355ac

It already has factory fit parking sensors but they wail STOP when the car is 2 meters away from an obstruction - so of limited use.

(I bought mine - unused on ebay for 20% of the new price.)

Honda Jazz III 2012 - Upgrading Infotainment - badbusdriver

Forgot to mention, but assuming you need a replacement trim panel to go around the unit, these are also easily available. Seen them on both EBay and Amazon, though the cheapest were on Amazon at £35.