Drivethedeal. - KB.

We all know they've been going for a long time and are generally regarded on this site as reliable and, speaking just for myself, would use them having had a good experience with them in the past (but, admittedly, a long time ago).

I just looked, having not visited for a while, and was struck by the limited number of manufacturers they now deal with. I counted just nine. And under the Ford listing there are just two models, Kuga and Puma - no Fiesta! Another small change is they used to ask just for a name and an email address - they now also want a postal address. I can see that putting a few potential enquirers off unless Mickey Mouse is brought out of the cupboard.

I couldn't check a new Jazz on their site for obvious reasons but was able to look up a new Fabia - a much lower retail price than a Jazz and about £3,400 off list (if you used one of their finance or PCP arrangements ...and we know that can be got around without a problem).

Whereas I couldn't see the Jazz available on other broker type sites at anything like that level of discount hence if you were looking to buy either a Jazz or a Fabia the Fabia looks substantially cheaper. Personally I would factor in an extra two years of exetended warranty on the Fabia as I would have a DSG again - not sure if I'd do the same with the Jazz (which also only gets a standard 3 yrs warranty, as opposed to, say, a Toyota, or Hyundai at 5 yrs).

And, by way of an alternative, the Fiesta automatic now starts at around £23,000 !! - with around £4,000 knocked off at some brokers. That sounds a lot for a Fiesta.

It's making that Fabia automatic SE hatch look cheap at a discounted price of not much over £13,000.

Edited by KB. on 29/11/2020 at 12:46

Drivethedeal. - Dag Hammar

I received an email from drive the deal yesterday and I too noticed that all of the cars listed are VAG vehicles.

Have you tried the CarWow website ? I successfully used CarWow three years ago and found it very user friendly.

Drivethedeal. - KB.

I did look at a couple of others including CW. One of the others was Broker4cars which used to give discounted prices out but now requires you to give them your details - for them to do with what they will.

Incidentally, on DtD they're not just VAG, there'sFord, LandRover,Mercedes and Peugeot. (as well as VAG).

Edited by KB. on 29/11/2020 at 15:02

Drivethedeal. - Avant

A few years ago Drivethedeal didn't deal with part-exchanges: they may do now but it'll be worth checking.

Two other reputable brokers are sales@coast2coastcars.co.uk and carfile.net.

When I looked for the Kia E-Niro, Carwow were the only ones listing it, but they simply said £3000 discount - meaning no discount at all but the £3k Government grant. Rather misleading I thought.

Edited by Avant on 29/11/2020 at 16:48

Drivethedeal. - RickyBoy

...Cut 'n' paste from their email (I received it too):

Beat the deadline or you could end up paying more for your new car!
VW, Audi, Skoda & Seat price protection ends Monday!

VAG prices seemingly on the rise from December 1 then?...

Drivethedeal. - KB.

I mentioned the disappearing posts but it's now covered in another topic.

Edited by KB. on 29/11/2020 at 16:59