Galaxy Mk3 TDCi - Galaxy Mk3 leak. Does this look normal? - two_roads

Hi,

Car had been sitting out without use for a few weeks when I found wet carpets. Long story - all carpets removed, 4 litres of water sitting below the carpets in the floorpan and still leaking in heavy rain from the drivers bulkhead. I cut out the soundproofing matting as high up as I could but the top part becomes sodden and trickles down when raining.

Removed the plastic below wheel arches, nothing looked crudded up (There was a random padded plastic bag that I assume is more soundproofing - should that be in the wing cavity?)

Removed the grille inserts (leaf guards) from the windscreen cowl under the bonnet and observed water dripping down below this into the cavity area. I don't know if it should do this - it seems as if water is leaking either through the seal between the bottom of the windscreen and the plastic cowl, or tracking across from the side trims.

Removed the wipers and the plastic cowling and cleaned up the seals. While doing this I could see through to the drain area at each side above the wheel arch. There is a plastic tube with a flap valve that has an upstand with holes in it on each side (are these the skuttles?). The area around the upstand was clogged so I cleaned this out. Put it all back together - but still appears to be leaking into the car..

Main question after all this is whether water should end up underneath the plastic cowl that runs long the underside of the windscreen? Kind of hard to explain without a photo. I can understand that at either end any water should drain down the skuttles, but it isn't obvious that water dripping in the middle will get there, and might be the source of leaking into the cabin through any bulkhead fitting.

Any help gratefully received. (I'm 100% certain it is rainwater. No chance at all of it being AC or heater matrix. No problem with the internal windscreen seal that I can see and no indication that the leak starts this high up in the cabin)

Thanks

Edited by two_roads on 28/11/2020 at 11:01

Galaxy Mk3 TDCi - Galaxy Mk3 leak. Does this look normal? - Cjlw

Hi, I have the same problem, mk3 2009 galaxy, leaking appears to be at the bottom passenger side of the windscreen and soaks the floor on that side also. Did you find a solution? I have resealed the screen but it's still leaking....