Police with sense of humour - Robert Major
Drove down a road I used to use a lot. At start of speed limit saw a police motor cycle pull in behind me, so stuck carefully to 40MPH for about 2 miles. Police overtook and stopped me. He asked what speed I was doing - "exactly 40, you knew I had seen you" was indignant reply. " that's roughly what I made it sir, trouble is they reduced limit to 30 about 6 months ago, enjoy your trip" and he rode off with a grin.
Re: Police with sense of humour - bogush
Now what you should have done was stopped the car at the start of the limit, got out, trimmed all the hedges to check that the 40 signs were still 40 signs, and not changed or been removed, and only then driven along the road.
Re: Police with sense of humour - Andy
You should have asked WHY the limit had been reduced. Why has this road (which had been 40 as long as anyone can remember) been limited to 30?
lighten up.......... - Mark (Brazil)
or you could return his good humour with yours and save the aggro for the next one without a sense of humour.

As, it seems, you did.
Re: lighten up.......... - Andy Bairsto
I wonder how the British public would react to Sau Paulo Metro police the week before pay day especially the women traffic police .It can be a little scarey when they stop you for speeding when you were not just so they can get enough money to buy food that day.Nice uniforms though.
regards Andy Bairsto
Re: lighten up.......... - Mark (Brazil)
>nice uniforms tho

Oh dear. Either the uniforms have changed since you were here or you have weird tastes !
Re: Police with sense of humour - John Slaughter
Speed camera wouldn't have had that sense of humour would it?

Cheers

John
Re: Police with sense of humour - mike harvey
Probably would not have a film in it either. Gives you a sporting chance!
Mike
Police with sense of humour - David Lacey
Yes, It makes a refreshing change to 'stumble' across a Policeman with a sense of humour and commonsense. We have one in our local town and everybody, young and old has respect for him.

Rgds

David