Toyota Avensis Diesel 2015 - Toyota Avensis Engine Failure - Leszek

Hello guys,

Last Friday I was driving dual carriage way and suddenly noise started appearing. It was like the belt got broken or something sort of rhythmic knocking sound. A minute later lights flashing on the dashboard appears indicating low oil level and steering wheel problem and than car just stopped. Engine got seized. It is five years car with 70K on the clock. I just wonder what would be you suggestion. Unfortunately it is my misses car and she just bought ten month ago and still have to pay for it as she took it on finance. Car was bought last October and oil level was not checked since than. The guarantee has past as it is more than 5 years. My misses did 6.5 K miles since she bought it. I would appreciate any advise on this matter as at the moment it looks hopeless.

Thanks Leszek

Toyota Avensis Diesel 2015 - Toyota Avensis Engine Failure - Bromptonaut

Why start another thread?

Unless the oil starvation was an issue with the car, say a burst pipe or an internal leak to cylinders or coolant circuit, you might have a hope of goodwill from Toyota. But if the owner doesn't check oil regularly it's not looking good.

Toyota Avensis Diesel 2015 - Toyota Avensis Engine Failure - mss1tw

If I'm right in thinking the knocking sound was the big end self-destructing then it's as good as scrap. Get a garage to source and fit a used engine.

Toyota Avensis Diesel 2015 - Toyota Avensis Engine Failure - Avant

We don't need another thread on the same subject. If anyone wants to comment further, please use the original thread.