Toyota Corolla Verso - Drive shaft identification - Steveieb

Need to replace the drive shafts in my 2003 ZZE 1.6 vvti Verso but there are two possible versions .

one with 20 slides and one with 23 where it fits in the gearbox.

Main dealer price £1200 so more than the car is worth.

Is there any way of finding which shaft without removing the old shaft and counting the splines please ?

Toyota Corolla Verso - Drive shaft identification - Ian D
Who is your supplier of the replacement driveshafts? Most will accept unopened returns so buy both and return the unused ones
Toyota Corolla Verso - Drive shaft identification - Bolt
Who is your supplier of the replacement driveshafts? Most will accept unopened returns so buy both and return the unused ones

They should if VIN no given, supply correct part anyway, as this will even tell them if a part is replaced on that MY.

Toyota Corolla Verso - Drive shaft identification - gordonbennet

Are the CV joints rattling slightly? if so it might be worth repacking all 4 joints in situ with Molygrease, resecuring the boots with substantial cable ties will suffice.

Almost never have i had to actually change drive shafts, repacking with grease almost always gives them a new lease of life.

Toyota Corolla Verso - Drive shaft identification - Steveieb

Many thanks.

The car is making a knocking noise on braking and clicking when turning full lock. My indie has diagnosed new shafts required.

But the supplier has sent ones with 20 splines whereas when cross referenced against the Main dealer part number says it requires 23 splines on the inner coupling.

Sonim planning to get them exchanged.

OE ones cost £1200 a pair !

Toyota Corolla Verso - Drive shaft identification - Bolt

Many thanks.

The car is making a knocking noise on braking and clicking when turning full lock. My indie has diagnosed new shafts required.

But the supplier has sent ones with 20 splines whereas when cross referenced against the Main dealer part number says it requires 23 splines on the inner coupling.

Sonim planning to get them exchanged.

OE ones cost £1200 a pair !

Is that the price for CVJs only or complete shafts, as that sounds expensive for CVJs

As mentioned before you can get both and the one that doesn't fit return to supplier, they all take them back as long as in as new condition in same package...

sometimes the only confusion comes when a mod is made on a model, but not recorded for a while, though these days it should happen on the car it starts with,

Toyota Corolla Verso - Drive shaft identification - S40 Man

Sonim planning to get them exchanged

Can you not get one from the scrappies?

Seen to be loads breaking on Gumtree

If you get a low mileage one the driveshafts should be ok. Make a few cheaply offers, chances are someone will let it go for a decent price.