Mercedes SLK 200K - Is this damage repairable? - luggage

Hello!

My parked car got hit by a van who pulled up and drove off. He went to pull in front of it, misjudged it and hit my front driver's side wing. He stopped, reversed off it, pulled over and then drove off. Fortunately it was all on CCTV. It was a bit of a shunt, you can see the front of the car move about an inch.

Rang my insurance and explained the damage and they've written it off without even looking at it. They're getting back to me with the their value this week.

The car is a Mercedes SLK 200K, 55 plate but has only done 22,800 miles and has been serviced every year so it was in great condition. I doubt I'll find one in as good nick really so I'll be gutted to lose it and had no intentions of selling it in the future.

Anyway, so this was the damage...

i.imgur.com/nBCiDNm.jpg

The front bumper was lightly scuffed but nothing serious and the steering feels ok.

Any ideas on what my options are at all please? If this looks repairable I'd probably look to buy it back and see about getting it sorted.

Thanks for any advice!

Mercedes SLK 200K - Is this damage repairable? - Ian D
Definitely buy it back from the insurers if the price is right. If the wing is bolt on you may get one of the correct colour from a breakers, and the bumper may be fixable to look ok or buy a bumper/bumper bar as well. The damage to the wing shows there should no significant damage behind the wing and bumper outer cover.
Mercedes SLK 200K - Is this damage repairable? - elekie&a/c doctor
As above . S/ hand wing in colour on flea bay , less than £100. Probably needs a little bit of fettling on the front . Easy repair .

Thanks for the quick reply, I checked the inside the bonnet and yes, the wing is bolted on. Fingers crossed then I can get it sorted. Phew. Thanks again.

Mercedes SLK 200K - Is this damage repairable? - daveyjp

Anything which has been built can be repaired. It will down to how much you are prepared to put into the car to get it right again.

Find your local well regarded body shop and see what they say.

Mercedes SLK 200K - Is this damage repairable? - gordonbennet

Hope you get it repaired, but i'd be wary of driving round on that tyre if those cracks i see are the tyre perishing.

Mercedes SLK 200K - Is this damage repairable? - John F

When in Zambia back in the 70s I was astonished by a severely crumpled car (no spare panels available) transformed to look almost as good as new by skilled panel beaters. Replacement panels are never as good as originals. I would have thought this minor dent with good access would have been very amenable to being repaired, if such skills still exist.

Yeah, it is due an MOT in 2 weeks so I'd hope they'd have picked it up .

Thanks for the advice guys.