Land Rover Range Rover Evoque - Partner Wants a Used Range Rover Evoque ... - Radam87

Hi all

My partner wants to get a loan to buy a used Evoque.

Having read bits and bobs about them I am slightly worried she may not have anticipated all of the potential costs.

The service cost is high compared to any car either of us have owned (£400 - £700) and she currently drives a 1 litre small petrol car so I imagine the fuel costs will be at least double. What other costs are likely to be incurred if the car is 5 years old?

Are there other things she should consider?

What would be a good alternative motor?

Land Rover Range Rover Evoque - Partner Wants a Used Range Rover Evoque ... - badbusdriver

Yes, terrible reliability!. Look on any reiability survey and Land Rovers or Range Rovers will be propping up the bottom. People buy them because they are trendy and have a great image. Fair enough buying new with the protection of a warranty, but buying used?, not very wise.

Alternatives?, Toyota RAV4, Honda CRV, Kia Sportage, Hyundai Tuscon, Mazda CX5, in fact pretty much any other car of that type would be more reliable!.

Land Rover Range Rover Evoque - Partner Wants a Used Range Rover Evoque ... - lucklesspedestrian

They seem to be the ultimate heart over head cars. The only positive I can see is that the residuals are good i.e. they don't depreciate badly. However the obvious caveat is that they are more expensive to buy (even at 5 years old) than rivals in the first place.

Women (sorry, sexist I know) do seem to really like them though and would laugh in your face if you suggested a Kia Sportage/Hyundai Tuscon (and if you have to start explaining about warranties then you've basically lost the argument already)

They do look really good in that metallic green colour though (sorry, I'll get me coat....)

Land Rover Range Rover Evoque - Partner Wants a Used Range Rover Evoque ... - gordonbennet

Maybe the fact she needs a loan could be the way out of this, with all that's going on where anyone not in the public sector could find themselves without a job at a moments notice, it wouldn't imho be advisable to take out any loans, if anything people with any spare income at all should be throwing as much money as possible at their mortgages before the coming reset happens.

Land Rover Range Rover Evoque - Partner Wants a Used Range Rover Evoque ... - Ethan Edwards

Don't do it. It will ruin your life. If you must buy something like it then I suggest Land Cruiser, and a small pile of cash for the running costs.

Land Rover Range Rover Evoque - Partner Wants a Used Range Rover Evoque ... - johncyprus

Didn’t used to get these daft questions on the forum until recently.

Honda Jazz?

Land Rover Range Rover Evoque - Partner Wants a Used Range Rover Evoque ... - Trilogy.

Didn’t used to get these daft questions on the forum until recently.

Honda Jazz?

The daft replies continue.

Land Rover Range Rover Evoque - Partner Wants a Used Range Rover Evoque ... - Big John

Extreme pit of the money variety

Land Rover Range Rover Evoque - Partner Wants a Used Range Rover Evoque ... - bathtub tom

The Australians used to say: "If you want to go out in the bush, take a Land Rover. If you want to come back, take a Toyota".

Land Rover Range Rover Evoque - Partner Wants a Used Range Rover Evoque ... - nellyjak

I guess if it's an itch she simply HAS ro scratch then you'll probably not dissuade her..I get the attraction, the image,... but putting a realistic head on, then it's not a wise choice at all.

The high potential running cots, niggles and unreliability are legendary....if you want reliability then look to the Japanese makes.

Land Rover Range Rover Evoque - Partner Wants a Used Range Rover Evoque ... - Avant

"Alternatives?, Toyota RAV4, Honda CRV, Kia Sportage, Hyundai Tuscon, Mazda CX5, in fact pretty much any other car of that type would be more reliable!."

I think the way to play this is to show her the cars suggested, quite rightly, by Badbusdriver above, and persuade her that one at least of them is just as smart as an Evoque. And all of them have better rearward vision than the Evoque.

Land Rover Range Rover Evoque - Partner Wants a Used Range Rover Evoque ... - Engineer Andy

Hi all

My partner wants to get a loan to buy a used Evoque.

Having read bits and bobs about them I am slightly worried she may not have anticipated all of the potential costs.

The service cost is high compared to any car either of us have owned (£400 - £700) and she currently drives a 1 litre small petrol car so I imagine the fuel costs will be at least double. What other costs are likely to be incurred if the car is 5 years old?

What would be a good alternative motor?

Probably about THE worst change they could make. It's a fashion statement car, and IMHO, a very unreliable, very expensive (for what you get) to buy and run one as well. For the price that you would be considering, you could get yourself a nearly new or new supermini or even a Focus-sized car with a decent amount of poke and kit.

Note also:

www.honestjohn.co.uk/forum/post/135893/land-rover-...e

Land Rover Range Rover Evoque - Partner Wants a Used Range Rover Evoque ... - badbusdriver

I have to say, i am curious about where and what the "bits and bobs" the OP has read about the Evoque where the only minus points revealed were servicing costs and fuel economy. And nothing about Land Rover's terrible reliability!.

Land Rover Range Rover Evoque - Partner Wants a Used Range Rover Evoque ... - Engineer Andy

I have to say, i am curious about where and what the "bits and bobs" the OP has read about the Evoque where the only minus points revealed were servicing costs and fuel economy. And nothing about Land Rover's terrible reliability!.

It's quite a large bit. A megabit in LR's case.

Land Rover Range Rover Evoque - Partner Wants a Used Range Rover Evoque ... - Xileno

If the lady won't see sense, then go for a petrol Evoque, or if a diesel find one of the earlier 2.2 engined variants. The transversely-mounted Ingenium engine is prone to DPF issues, a shame as that reason more than any ruled it out for me.