a real fast charger!!! - concrete

I have used i phones for years. The first was at work for photos and e mail straight from site to the boffins at HQ. Great piece of kit. However I am a martyr to the various chargers I have amassed over the years. None of them seem capable of charging the current i phone 6s within a reasonable period. We have one ring main socket with two USB ports and this really does charge the thing in no time flat. I would like to purchase some plug in type chargers that will do the same job elsewhere at home, but I lack the expertise to select the correct ones. I know lots of forum members are very techno savvy and would appreciate their comments and recommendations.

Cheers Concrete

a real fast charger!!! - elekie&a/c doctor
I use an orico 5 port usb charger . Taken it all over the world . Works fine for my needs .
a real fast charger!!! - Bolt

As above or

Syncwire upgraded 48w 9.6A also a higher power charging lead may help speed charging up

I know the Apple leads are not bad, but there is better as long as its not chinese made (have been known to burn out )

Thank you chaps. I had no idea the lead was vital to faster charging. I thought a lead is a lead, just some wire with connectors on the end. I will look for the Syncwire charger online and get some new longer fast charging leads. That should do the trick. Thanks again both.

Cheers Concrete

a real fast charger!!! - Bolt

I had no idea the lead was vital to faster charging.

Most Apple and other phones have a charging chip in which talks to the charger, like the MacBook has, if the cable is below standard the charging system will only allow a low charge rate, everything on the Device is detected by a chip and if not right either wont work or runs very slow

I`ve seen several problems with cables even on Samsung phones as they know what the charger can charge at and what the cable is supplying. Modern tech for you lol

Thanks bolt. I had no idea it was all so clever. The Syncwire site impressed me with the information, especially which one is for Android, Apple etc etc. I purchased a 2 port charger which has the capability to recharge at the maximum rate for Apple, and SWMBO can use it too. I also purchased a new 2 metre lead approved for Apple. They should arrive within the next few days. Thank you and EleckieDoc for your comments, very helpful indeed. Personal experience and recommendation is always useful.

Cheers Concrete