peugeot 308 2008 Vti 1.6 petrol - 308 battery - lemon123

We have a 308 2008 1.6 vti petrol. it hasn't been driven for a few months and lights, battery, dash, locking are all dead no sound when turning over, nothing at all.

I was wondering this seems like a battery dead problem.

So i was going to buy a 027 battery to give it a go.

I tried a charge of existing battery but that didnt do a thing, after charge the cars horn went off (expected) and battery even showed a spark when connecting the + but then fusebox was warm and still no lights/locks/dashboard.

Would warm fuse box indicate i put the cables back on to the fusebox that sits on top of the battery in the wrong order?

I dont have a multimeter so if i buy an 027 battery (think that is what it needs)

a) is it a straight swap?
b) do i need to register new battery with the car?

or should i try a jumpstart first?

Thanks

peugeot 308 2008 Vti 1.6 petrol - 308 battery - elekie&a/c doctor
I would not try to jumpstart this car . Replace battery with correct type (027 looks ok) . Modern vehicles do not like a jump start if the battery is completely dead . The problem arises is when you take the leads off , there is no load on the alternator and the voltage can go haywire. Straight swap no programming required . Once the battery has been replaced , turn the ignition on for 5 mins or so without trying to start the car . This will allow the electrical systems to relearn .

Edited by elekie&a/c doctor on 05/07/2020 at 14:11

peugeot 308 2008 Vti 1.6 petrol - 308 battery - Gibbo_Wirral

Google BSI RESET. You must do this when you fit a new battery.