MG HS - Is car on display classed as 'brand new'? - crowncd

We ordered a new car early December for collection in March. Having just paid a visit to the garage to sort out a few things we noticed that a car to our exact specification was on display in the showroom.

Whilst I'm not sure if that car has been out on the road it's obviously available for potential customers to sit in and use/try out the controls etc.

Would that particular car now be described or classed as a 'demo car' or could the garage say that it's the car we must have? I do appreciate that garage staff need to use the car to prepare it for collection.

Any advice would be much appreciated.

MG HS - Is car on display classed as 'brand new'? - badbusdriver

Unless the car has been registered, it is a 'brand new car', at least on paper. whether or not you consider a car having been sat in the showroom being touched, poked and prodded by all manner of riff raff for a few months as still being brand new, well that is probably up to you!.

BTW, i hope your MG experience works out better than ORB's, or at the very least, your dealer is as good!.

MG HS - Is car on display classed as 'brand new'? - thunderbird

Unless the car has been registered, it is a 'brand new car', at least on paper. whether or not you consider a car having been sat in the showroom being touched, poked and prodded by all manner of riff raff for a few months as still being brand new, well that is probably up to you!.

In my experience if a car is sold and on the showroom floor it will be locked to stop it being " touched, poked and prodded by all manner of riff raff" at least on the inside. Young children of slobs can cause a huge amount of damage in seconds.

When I bought the 2008 Focus it had 40 miles on the clock when I test drove it (unregistered on trade plates) so it was reasonable to assume others had driven it before me. But almost 12 years later it had not affected it one bit and I did get a cracking deal.

MG HS - Is car on display classed as 'brand new'? - SLO76
If I sold a new car that was in the showroom it would typically be locked and removed as soon as possible. But it was sold as a new car and I can’t recall any damage issues from being on display in the showroom.
MG HS - Is car on display classed as 'brand new'? - oldroverboy.

You can always look at the chassis number in the windscreen and see if it corresponds to your order.

In selling My 2017 MG ZS and choosing not to buy either a new one OR an HS I told MGmotorsuk and the dealer that I wasn't prepared to be a beta tester for the HS, much as i liked it,

Be prepared to only be able to talk to your dealer, (IF you have agood one)

My dealer was superb but the constant niggles and petty faults got to me in the end.

Have ordered a KIA, of which i had no problemswith previous ones except for 1 that was dealt with promptly..

Good luck

Edited by oldroverboy. on 15/02/2020 at 20:35