Ford Focus Titanium X 1.0 Ecoboost - Ford 1.0 Ecoboost Engine Assembly Replacement - Benjamin P

Hi all!

Ford replaced my 14 plate Ford Focus 1.0 Ecoboost engine in 2017 under warranty at 37k miles.

Root cause was a well known manufacturing defect that caused a coolant leak and, in turn, a catastrophic engine failure.

When I asked the dealer what exactly did they replace, they showed me a list of gaskets and an 'engine assembly'. Unfortunately, the sales/customer service rep could not confirm what exactly goes into the 'engine assembly'.

Does anybody know what parts get replaced, when the dealer replaces the 'engine assembly'? For example, does it include a water pump or a timing belt?

Many thanks,

Ben

Ford Focus Titanium X 1.0 Ecoboost - Ford 1.0 Ecoboost Engine Assembly Replacement - elekie&a/c doctor
An engine assembly will be a complete block and cylinder head but minus the ancillaries. Parts like the inlet and exhaust manifold turbo , starter and alternator will be swapped over . The timing belt and water pump will be new on the replacement engine .
Ford Focus Titanium X 1.0 Ecoboost - Ford 1.0 Ecoboost Engine Assembly Replacement - paul 1963

I believe it would have included the entire bottom end, crankshaft and block as I don't think there rebuildable, presumably new piston and liners would have been included?

Chances are they just reused your head, in the old days this would have been known as a short engine.