Peugeot 3008 - Scrape on approved used car - dannydan123

've put a deposit down on an approved used car (just over a year old) and afterwards whilst looking at the car again noticed a little scrape on the opening side of the drivers door, as though it's been opened against a wall or something.

Picture here: 20191203-094233.jpg

The dealer has told me they can touch it up but will still be visible.

Is this likely to cause problems further down the line (rust?). Not sure whether this is something to kick up a fuss about or not.

Any help appreciated.

Peugeot 3008 - Scrape on approved used car - 72 dudes

Personally, I would think that was OK if they touch it up well.

If you feel strongly you can ask them to call in their scratch/dent repair man - all main dealers will have one and they will make an invisible repair.

I would have thought that as it's an Approved Used car, they will be willing to do this.

Peugeot 3008 - Scrape on approved used car - catsdad
If it's just the fine line along the door edge it wouldn't bother me at all. I always buy a touch up paint for my cars whenever I get them and deal with such incidents whenever they occur. I take the view that a few chips and small scratches are inevitable however careful I am and it's one of the reasons I buy used so I don't over-worry about every blemish. Having said that my cars usually look good for their age when I pass them on as I do keep on top of any minor damage.

As for approved used both my last cars (Civic and Golf) were such and both came with several faults that suggest the inspections are less than thorough. Worst being the Golf having several litres of water in the boot. I still think "approved" is worth going for but you need to take any "good as new" hype with a pinch of salt. I suspect most dealers will do the minimum to put it on the forecourt.

Peugeot 3008 - Scrape on approved used car - Andrew-T
If it's just the fine line along the door edge it wouldn't bother me at all. I always buy a touch up paint for my cars whenever I get them and deal with such incidents whenever they occur.

+ 1. When I buy a newish car from a dealer I ask for mats (if they are missing) and a touch-up to be thrown in free, and they usually are. This mark looks so trivial, I would ask them for a touch-in stick and DiY. The mark doesn't look to have breached the undercoats, and you will probably do a better job yourself.

Peugeot 3008 - Scrape on approved used car - Ian_SW

That looks very similar to what happened on my car a couple of years after a poor quality accident repair, where whoever sprayed the door didn't get enough paint along the edge and it subsequently flaked off.

The car never went rusty as it was a genuine door with factory applied primer/rust protection, but it looked worse and worse over time as more of the paint flaked off down the edge.

If I was the OP, I'd have a really close look at the paintwork along the whole side of the car and underneath on that side to try to work out whether or not it has had an accident repair. If there's any suspicion of a poor repair, probably easiest to find another one as 3008s are fairly common.

Peugeot 3008 - Scrape on approved used car - barney100

My used SLK had a dent in the wing which their man did perfectly. I have bought an orbital polisher and took out a cluster of light scrapes in five minutes, watched on you tube to make sure I didn't do anything daft though!