Chrysler Grand Voyager XS - Will higher AH battery damage car - Zappos

I have a Chrysler Grand Voyager XS which is suffering from this problem covered previously on this site about eating batteries.

The batteries hold their voltage but the CCA gets screwed for some reason.

In my last voyager which was not a grand version I put a Bosch S4 096 which lasted until I scrapped the vehicle.

Now I am thinking of putting an S4 Bosch 80Ah 720cca but ebay says it is not compatible

S4009 is the right one but it is 74ah and 680cca, would I damage the car by using the 80ah 720cca battery?

I note that the terminals are on opposite sides but can I just put the battery facing the the other way around.

I want to get a Bosch but I want it to be as strong as possible so it lasts as cost is heavy if you have to keep swapping them out not to mention a call out fee if RAC expires.

Chrysler Grand Voyager XS - Will higher AH battery damage car - focussed

Generally speaking, standard car batteries are sized such that if the car fails to start and the driver keeps cranking it, the battery will go flat before the starter motor overheats and burns out.

That's the theory anyway!

Chrysler Grand Voyager XS - Will higher AH battery damage car - edlithgow

Higher capacity is good. It takes what it needs.

The geometry may defeat you though. OF COURSE the polarity must be maintained. With the battery the other way around, your leads will probably have to cross the battery.

What I meant was if my current battery has Positive on the left with Neg on right looking at the front of the battery and a new battery has the terminals the other way around, surely I can just place the battery the other way around so nothing will need to cross.

Worst case screnario is that the cables will move an inch or two to get to the terminal.

Chrysler Grand Voyager XS - Will higher AH battery damage car - edlithgow

What I meant was if my current battery has Positive on the left with Neg on right looking at the front of the battery and a new battery has the terminals the other way around, surely I can just place the battery the other way around so nothing will need to cross.

Worst case screnario is that the cables will move an inch or two to get to the terminal.

Suppose it depends on your battery and cable geometry. IF the terminals are on the mid-line, there wouldn't be a change in geometry..

My last three car battery's (2 Yuasa, 1 GS) the terminals are on one side, so if I reversed the battery the cable geometry would change.

These battery's also have cell fill ports which I wouldn't want to obstruct, but I guess that's not usually a factor these days.

Chrysler Grand Voyager XS - Will higher AH battery damage car - elekie&a/c doctor

You will struggle to fit a battery with the terminals that have the opposite orientation. The battery leads will be stressed. Its the CCA that's important on these. www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Chrysler-Grand-Voyager-2900-Die...1

Interestng battery but about double the cost of a Bosch S4

Chrysler Grand Voyager XS - Will higher AH battery damage car - Galaxy

Is that actually a battery?

Looks more like a handbag :) :) :)

Chrysler Grand Voyager XS - Will higher AH battery damage car - elekie&a/c doctor
Bosch don’t make a battery for this car . One of the reasons these Voyagers have electronic issues , is that people fit a sub standard battery.

I don't think Bosch make batteries for ANY car, just a bunch of batteries of different specs, what I DO know is that all the major online sellers say S4 009 is the one, ebay sellers say same but that one above has terrible reviews.

I found that Euro Car Parts sell the above on ebay for £87 and via there site for £91 if you put BF19 in so I will try until monday to get old one going. At least with Euro they are local to be so I will enforce 4 year warranty if there is a problem.

It is a shame the CCA testers are £35 on ebay I really want to know old battery is definitely gone

Bosch S4 Car Battery 086 4 Year Guarantee
An 086 is a reverse layout 096 . At 680 CCA , this is not adequate.